Communications InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Communications InternVisit Baltimore
customer serviceACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications + Social Media InternshipCreate Forward
Communications and Strategy InternAgora Partnerships
Marketing & Communications InternBookmark This
2800 Club Center Dr.
Posted: August 10 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTo acquire skills in non-profit marketing and communications including interviewing for story development, media research, writing for public audiences, graphic design of agency collateral, and social media messaging.
This internship provides the student with an opportunity to participate in four areas within this department: Communications; Graphic Design; Social Media and Public Engagement as a volunteer Community Ambassador. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about standards in branding, marketing strategies, and public outreach strategies.
To apply, please fill out the application located at http://necannv.wish.org/about-us/employment-and-internships/employment-and-internships, and send your application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com
Responsibilities• Communications: Researches and drafts wish, donor and event stories and press releases, and other writing projects as assigned. May also participate in audio/visual production of wish stories, including digital media, photography, videography, and production of creative materials for public relations use.
• Graphic Design: Develops skills in the production of general and event collateral; involved from concept to completion. Participates with creative volunteers in developing memorabilia for wish children.
• Social Media: Participates in the development of messaging for social media and/or digital media; participates in upkeep of social media sites and website content development and maintenance.
• Public Engagement: Participates in coordinating materials for Community Ambassadors, a volunteer group that engages in public speaking opportunities to deliver the Make-A-Wish message to a variety of audiences. Activities including developing materials, creating collateral and participation is public speaking assignments.
RequirementsGeneral Qualifications & Experience:
Internship Applicants must be over the age of 18 and enrolled in a degree seeking program.
Internship Applicants must have excellent writing skills, computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software is required. Database experience is preferred. A professional appearance is required and experience in volunteering is also encouraged.
A completed Volunteer Application and Cleared Background Check are required for all volunteer positions. Interns who continue volunteering for Make-A-Wish upon completion of their internship assignment will be required to submit to a background check every three years. Cost for the background check are the responsibility of the intern.
The Marketing & Communications Internship requires experience and/or training in one or more of the following areas:
• Graphic design software is required for applicants seeking experience in developing collateral for agency use.
• Understanding of a variety of social media platforms is encouraged.
• Experience with a variety of writing assignments, including technical reports and creative story telling is encouraged.
• Experience with website design and maintenance is required for applicants seeking experience in website content management.
• Online: Make-A-Wish University Volunteer School of Onboarding and School of Branding.
• In-Person: Make-A-Wish Intern Orientation
6 month commitment, with at least 12 hours per week is preferred.
SkillsRequired - Writing Skills, Graphic Design, Public Speaking, Technical Writing, Website Design
Preferred - Children Photography, Videography