Communications InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Communications InternVisit Baltimore
customer serviceACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications + Social Media InternshipCreate Forward
Communications and Strategy InternAgora Partnerships
Outreach InternBookmark This
International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame
621 Six Flags Dr
Posted: May 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame collects, preserves and exhibits the 5,000-year history of the worldwide sport of bowling. From the ancient Egyptians to British monarchs to an enterprising German immigrant, follow the sport’s journey from archeological digs... to American taverns... to today's cutting-edge computer assisted training centers.
The Outreach Intern will assist the Group Tour Coordinator/Office Manager and Curator with building connections to the DFW community to generate visitor and donor interest in the museum. This will include outreach to the broad DFW community and specific groups like schools, youth organizations, and bowling related groups.
Responsibilities• Work with tour coordinator to identify and solicit DFW area educational and social organizations for the purpose of generating visitor
• Maintain records on past visiting groups for continued engagement
• Assist in generating creative means for connecting with DFW area residents and the wider bowling community
• Gather and enter exit survey data information from group tours into database.
• Contribute to Social Media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) to generate online connections for the museum
Requirements• Previous experience in a nonprofit environment or with outreach preferred but not required
• Microsoft Office experience (Word and Excel) required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Varied social media platform experience preferred
• Generally outgoing and personable, this position can require talking to a wide variety of people
• Ability to follow directions and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Detail oriented and organized
• Must pass IBC’s Registered Volunteer Program background screen
• Ability to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the Registered Volunteer Program is a condition of internship