Science Communications Internship (Paid Internship)Research!America
Video Production Summer InternshipWake Forest Baptist Health
Digital programmer InternWake Forest Baptist Health
Outreach Assistant (Paid 9 month internship)Union of Concerned Scientists
Digital Media Pre-Production InternNatcom Global
Business / Communications Intern (Spring Semester)Tech Elevator
Event Planning InternshipBowen & Company
Communications InternArizona beverage company
Video Production InternBookmark This
St. Louis County Parks & Recreation
Posted: May 19 2016
Company Location: St Louis, MO
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1950, the Saint Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation includes more than 12,500 acres of green space, recreation centers, trails, water ways, playgrounds and a variety of other amenities for our community to enjoy.
Our mission is to provide high quality parks, facilities and recreation services that enhance residents’ lives through responsible and effective management of resources.
For more information, please visit www.stlouisco.com/parks.
The Saint Louis County Parks Department seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in the creative production of videos for our “Get To Know” campaign for use on social media and web. This is a great opportunity to apply skills and talents in a “real world” setting.
ResponsibilitiesDuties may include:
• Work closely with a team to strategize content ideas
• Assist in writing and editing scripts
• Travel to various locations around St. Louis County to film pre-determined b-roll, interview footage, events or other footage as needed.
• Organize and edit recorded materials and raw footage into a finished product suitable for broadcasting while following corporate standards.
• Experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using editing equipment.
• Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of the Public Information Coordinator and the project team.
Requirements• Pursuing a BS/BA related to communication, media studies, filming, project management or related field.
• Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and coordination skills including time management
• Ability to travel around St. Louis County
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Microsoft Office
• Ability to conceptualize projects in new and innovative ways
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams and with all levels of staff
• Ability to plan, prioritize and execute on several assignments at the same time
• Must be self-motived and able to complete assignments on a deadline with limited supervision
• Experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop is a plus
• Interest in learning new programs, new media and emerging technologies
• Access to a personal laptop is required
• Access to personal software and equipment is preferred but negotiable
• Minimum requirement of 200 hours during the internship period