Database Administrator & Expansion CoordinatorBookmark This
I'm Sorry to Hear, LLC
DescriptionI’m Sorry to Hear LLC is an exciting Philadelphia tech-startup that offers the most comprehensive funeral planning tool and review website on the internet via http://www.imsorrytohear.com.
Touted as the “TripAdvisor“ or “Yelp” of funeral planning, the funeral home directory and funeral planning website was built specifically for consumers to make the funeral planning process simpler, quicker, and more transparent.
Launched in October 2012 by Drexel Alum, Rachel Zeldin, the company has been featured in the Bucks County Courier Times, The Trenton Times, Jewish Exponent, The Pittsburgh Business Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, and The Philadelphia Business Journal as a newcomer to a rather stagnant and old-school industry. I’m Sorry to Hear is a current participant in the Baiada Institute’s Accelalaunch program leading up to the Baiada Business Accelerator Competition this Fall.
The company and its website are expanding to new states and needs your help to manage the growth. We are seeking energetic and creative individuals with a wide range of business skills and a get-it-done attitude to help drive the future of this website by supporting marketing and database efforts.
This is the perfect opportunity to get real-world, hands-on experience while making a positive impact on our communities.
ResponsibilitiesThe Database Administrator’s will get hands-on experience with our company’s database. Their primary role will be driving forward expansion into new markets and ensuring the data quality in the new markets. This role is data-intensive and requires coordination of outside consultants for the data-enhancement and then final input into the system database. A set of potential tasks follows:
• Identify governmental boards/agency to acquire data
• Coordinate acquisition of the initial list of data
• Format the initial list for hand-off to data enhancement consultant
• Assist with selecting and setting up data enhancement consultant
• Coordinate with the contractor for data enhancement
• Cross check/validate the work of the consultant at set milestones
• Review and edit final spreadsheet of funeral homes
• Import the data to the Content Management System (database)
• Review the questionable accounts and determine course of action
• Coordinate with Marketing & Communications Assistant for the launch of “New Vendor” Email Marketing Campaigns
• Confident and Proficient use of Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products
• Data Entry Skills
• Excellent Organization Skills
• Solid and Frequent Communicator (oral and written)
• Energetic with a “Can-Do” Attitude
• Disciplined and Self-motivated
• Ability to set and meet task deadlines
• Fast Learner
BONUS: Experience working with Content Management Systems and/or Databases