Flash Developer - Summer InternshipBookmark This
Art Research Collaboration
40 Lispenard St
New York, NY
DescriptionFlash Developer Internship opportunity with an internationally exhibited TriBeCa based conceptual artist whose practice is grounded in photography, installation, public interventions and new media. This intern will work on an interactive Flash project. It is a great opportunity to build professional level projects. Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Academic credit can be arranged at your request.
Art Research Collaboration (ARC) supports the creation of contemporary artworks and the exhibitions of these artworks in cultural venues (museums and galleries) around the world. ARC'S award winning artworks, while marked by deep-seated social and ecological concerns, seeks to raise awareness. We are a small studio in downtown Manhattan that does large-scale projects. We maintain a collegial, respectful, and fast-paced studio.
Responsibilities- Creating an interactive multi-page Flash project.
- Ensuring the quality of work within the Flash project.
- Making code and integrating Flash components independently.
- Brainstorm ideas about the best way to present artwork and information online.
- Interacting with other studio personnel – ensuring that content is properly integrated and achieved.
Requirements- Must be a current student or recent graduate with previous classes in computer science, flash development, and/or website coding.
- Experience with Photoshop a must, and Illustrator is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Flash CS6 and Action Script 3.0 required.
- HTML5, CSS3, and PHP are a plus.
- Familiarity with working with the Web.
- Past experience working in a professional capacity with Flash Development is helpful but not required.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.