Data Analysis InternAsteres Inc
IT/Computer Systems (Back - End Developer) InternshipWREVEL
IT/Computer Systems Intern (Front - End Developer)WREVEL
opening for Drupal Administration in Downtown SF CABA Technolinks Corp
Software Development InternshipEmpirical
Data Science InternsVerify.Wiki
Mindblowing NLP, Deep Learning Opportunity at FinTech StartupForwardlane
Junior Ruby on Rails Developer - GreatSpaces Inc.Bookmark This
3220 Market Street, 3rd Floor
Posted: June 25 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGreatSpaces is a startup operating on campus from the Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship at Drexel University. We're building an online community that will make it easy for people to browse and reserve unique spaces to rent for all sorts of purposes. Our mission is to showcase public and private spaces to grow awareness of the different events that can take place in them.
We are currently looking for budding Ruby on Rails developers who are eager to gain hands-on experience by working on a Ruby on Rails web application. Your role will be to work with us on improving and maintaining our existing website, www.findgreatspaces.com. You will have the opportunity to work on both front-end and back-end code and implement new features depending on your level of experience.
Candidates may work remotely but ability to travel to and work in our Philadelphia office is preferred.
Responsibilities- Code, refactor, test and deploy new front-end and back-end features in a team environment
- Provide input and assistance in the designing of new features
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues within the app
RequirementsWe are looking for a candidate with:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or strong experience in a similar language and framework
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or a similar framework is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and utilities
- Understanding of jQuery
- Current students or graduates in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Experience with LAMP development is a plus
- Basic understanding of Agile Software Development methods is a plus