Project Delivery ManagerBookmark This
Business Applications System Analyst
San Antonio, TX
DescriptionJob Title Project Delivery Manager
Location San Antonio, TX
Reporting directly to the local VP of IT Program Delivery with ultimate responsibility to the Business leaders and International Executive team, the Project Delivery Manager will oversee the management and assume ownership for the planning and execution of all projects within the project portfolio. This position will help grow an internal project staff with the knowledge and capacity to support the organizations need for current and future project and portfolio management. The Project Delivery Manager must collaborate with key business leaders across various business segments and geographical locations to provide guidance and assistance and ensure proper business involvement and expectations on all projects.
This position can be filled in San Antonio, Dallas, or Boston offices.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field or equivalent professional experience; Project Management certification (i.e.: PMP, PMI etc...)
• 5-8 years in Project / Portfolio Management with strong people and communication skills
• At least 5 years in technical and / or business management
• 3-5 years of commercial Insurance business experience preferred as well as multinational experience in leading projects
• Knowledge and experience with Software development and Web technologies desired.
• Must be expert in Project Management processes including SDLC, Agile Methodology
• Must be expert in Project Management tools including, MS Project, MS Office Suite
• Must have strong background in requirements gathering process; i.e. Business Systems Analyst etc…
• Must have previous departmental management experience and responsibility for project managers, programmers, business analysts and other related functions
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required.
• Must define and collaborate with other leaders to set the direction and establish a common practice for project / portfolio management and delivery to the organization
• Ability to build trust relationships with senior management, business stakeholders and project teams
• Act as a consultant with senior management on project feasibility, approach and options
• Must have experience executing all size projects and multi-projects(portfolio) of different types
• Effectively manage each phase of project planning, tracking, scheduling, estimating and metrics.
• Strong staff management and development skills
• Ability to mentor, train and guide others through project processes
• Experience with local and remote departmental and cross-functional teams
• Proven experience in project leadership roles with technical and non technical staff
• Ensures transparency into project progress, funding, partnerships, prioritization, risks and resource availability.
• Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project