RapidSOS Development InternBookmark This
DescriptionJoin an exciting team led by two venture capitalists, a Harvard MBA, an MIT PhD nuclear engineer, and a Columbia electrical engineering in transforming emergency communication. Collectively our team has helped commercialize over 60 companies to date, developed mission critical code at two national labs, and helped raise over $4 billion for rapidly growing companies. We are currently tackling the mission-critical challenge of emergency communication. Technology has dramatically changed our lives over the last 50 years, yet when we need it most, in mission critical, life threatening situations, we rely on the out-dated PSTN telephone network. 26% of mobile 911 calls in the state of California don't get through, 50% of all 911 calls have inaccurate location data--we think we can do better. RapidSOS is currently commercializing a suite of proprietary technologies that transform emergency communication.
We are looking for a talented and motivated student with programming experience to join our team for a summer internship. As a part of our team, you will work closely with the RapidSOS founders to assist with the development of the Company’s front-end app (alpha product currently created, beta in development in collaboration with several partners) and our back-end technical integration where we are collaborating with several large telecommunication companies. You will be working on the ground level of a rapidly growing tech start-up and will collaborate closely with the Company’s co-founders as we thinking about developing an integrated technical strategy and product platform.
Responsibilities• Work closely with RapidSOS technical team to refine smart phone application and technical back-end
• Collaborate with co-founders on overall product strategy and technical development timeline
• Unpaid internship (RapidSOS team is happy to assist students in securing course credit at their university if available)
• 10-week internship with opportunity for extension (flexible start and end date)
• 10-hour per week minimum commitment with potential for additional work depending on the intern’s availability (i.e. can be either a part-time or full-time position based on the intern's availability)
• Unfortunately RapidSOS is not able to offer office space at this time so work will be remote with regular conference calls/video conferences to review work, discuss strategy, and collaborate on projects
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Strong work ethic able to work in a dynamic start-up environment
• Experience or coursework in computer programming and (preferably) app development or telecommunications
• Organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Interest in enabling a safer, more secure world
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 (if you do not meet this requirement please tell briefly tell us why your grades slipped in your cover letter)