Ruby on Rails InternshipBookmark This
Launched in 2009, Studyboost.com is a New York City based Technology education company. StudyBoost.com enables students and teachers to interactively study using text messaging and instant messaging. Students can create/search/contribute a batch of questions and then begin studying those questions using SMS and IM (ghat, Yahoo messenger, facebook chat and more). StudyBoost uses special commands such as 'next' and 'answer' to allow students to control the interaction with the questions and answers. We are gearing up to relaunch again for Fall 2014, but this time with bigger and better features.
What are we looking for in our intern?
Our system is written in Ruby on Rails and thus we have a need for talented Ruby on Rails software engineers as we grow and extend our business. Candidates should be strong team players with the ability to write code that is easily understood by others. We have flexible hours and work-from-home days. Our ideal intern will work with a small team of like minded individuals who want to use mobile technology inside and outside of the classroom. This intern will gain valuable real world experience working on a priority web application which has already made an impact on mobile learning.
What will the intern gain working with us?
1. College Credit - (this is a non-paid internship, therefore candidates from institutions where College credit is given will be given preference).
2. Unlimited New York City Subway Metro Card
3. Hands on Mentorship
4. Learn Start Up Business Development, Marketing and Design
1. Currently pursuing an Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar degree program OR has hands on experience working with Ruby on Rails
1. Experience with Ruby on Rails
2. Knowledge of GitHub
4. Has a strong understanding of paygates, such as credit card processing and paypal
5. Has the ability to test their work on multiple browsers
1. Demonstrated interest in advancing within the field of technology
2. Exhibit excellent problem solving skills, interpersonal and organizational communication skills
3. Self starter who is willing take lead on projects and has a get-things-done attitude
4. Fluency in English; bilingual skills are an added benefit