Software TesterBookmark This
640 George Washington Highway
eSavV Technologies is a new market option in the technology field specializing in advanced, enterprise web and mobile software solutions. eSavV is an innovative company building unique, patent-pending products that are creating new market categories. eSavV works with some of the nation’s largest and most respected organizations. eSavV's software projects have been a topic of discussion at such events including TEDx, World Economic Forum, business magazines and other press. eSavV is a rare opportunity to be part of the early stages of a fast-growing technology company. We are looking for highly skilled, passionate technology professionals to join our growing team.
Purpose: Performs tests on web and mobile applications to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
• Designs and executes test plans on web and mobile applications.
• Records and documents results and compares to expected results.
• Detects software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
• Documents anomalies and issues clearly and quickly. Generates historical analysis of test results when needed.
• Maintains a comprehensive and up-to-date database of software defects.
• Examines code and execution of code in various environments. Verifies the specific action or function of code.
• Operates and maintains test networks.
• Provides clear and comprehensive application instructions for users.
• Develops and documents application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
• Creates meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
• Ensures compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards, and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
• Performs application security audits.
• Implements application designs; creates queries, scripts, web pages, and other deliverables.
• Participates in application planning meetings.
• Ensures data integrity standards.
• Performs reviews, walkthroughs, and inspections as needed.
• Conducts various forms of testing including: unit testing, integration testing, system testing, operability/fault tolerance, smoke testing, mobile application testing, boundary testing, and positive/negative testing.
• Conducts browser web testing considering factors such as web security, cross-browsing testing, and SQL injection.
• Considers cyclomatic complexity and code coverage.
RequirementsSkills/Qualifications: Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, proven problem-solving skills, ability to work as a team. Experience working with mobile devices and with various browsers. Familiarity with software development process, general software requirements, software testing, and debugging practices. Knowledge in concepts of databases. Professional certifications desired.
Technical Skills: Static analysis, code coverage tools, security testing tools, load testing tools, NetBeans, Eclipse, real-time debugging tools, Agile experience, TDD (Test Driven Development).