Systems Developer InternBookmark This
12200 W. Olympic Blvd, #400
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionFandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination and an NBCUniversal company, sells tickets to more than 21,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. For many theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones.
Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with 33 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, and many other platforms. Fandango is enjoyed by more than 41 million online and mobile visitors per month. Film fans find Fandango on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fandango and on Twitter @Fandango.
ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Manager of Systems Development, the Systems Developer Intern will gain valuable work experience assisting with development for the Fandango.com and Movies.com web sites, iPhone, iPad, and Android applications. This position will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop new or update existing features, services or tools for the web site or mobile applications
• Research and develop prototypes for potential new features or the use of new technology
• Act as an additional development team member to assist in the completion of projects currently in-progress by the Fandango and Movies.com teams
Requirements• Currently an undergraduate student in their third year working towards a computer science or comparable degree
• Taken or currently taking courses in software engineering, data structures and algorithms, programming languages, and operating systems
• Must work well in a team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
• Must have good problem solving and code-reading skills (must be able to read other people's code)
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at Fandango’s sole discretion