Web Design & Marketing Management Internship for Orlando Resort (Free lodging)Bookmark This
4840 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy 192 (We provide lodging, if necessary)
DescriptionWe are looking for a talented Web Development & Content Management Intern to kickstart the web presence for HostelWood, a creative incubator down the street from Disney providing lodging and real-life creative opportunities for artistic creators worldwide. (www.hostelwood.com)
Working hand-in-hand with management, you will develop invaluable real-life project management skills, receive personal mentorship, and gain real work experience in a fun, creative environment.
The main role of the Web Design/Content Management Intern is to work with the Palmfront Lake Resort/Hostelwood management to design a visually compelling web platform that captures the spirit of the project.
As a student, you may be able to earn college credits for this internship (we will work with you to meet school requirements).
After the internship, you will be ready to manage projects independently or with a team.
Experience and Education Required:
Ideal applicants include recent college or graduate school graduates, college students majoring in marketing or something similar, looking for course credit and valuable first-hand education that cannot be attained in the classroom, or someone looking for this experience at any stage of their career.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be in charge of:
* Using your skills and creativity to create and manage professional, visually appealing website for Hostelwood
* Writing the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
* Managing content and providing strategic input to management
* Testing the website and identify any technical problems
* Uploading the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
If you're a social media wizard as well, this is a chance for you to design, implement and manage a social media marketing campaign from start to finish, giving you valuable project management experience for your resume.
If you're interested, shoot us your resume, portfolio, a short email about yourself, your creative ideas plus how/why you would be a good fit for the position.
If you're from outside Orlando, we will provide lodging for you at the resort.
Look forward to hearing from you!!
- Solid layout skills and strong understanding of design principles
- Great design sense (with portfolio)
- Be enthusiastic and ready to do great work
- Have creativity and imagination with a solid grasp on marketing, branding and visual design
- Experience with web design template software (Strikingly, Wix, Squarespace and others) and software programming and graphic such as WordPress Basic, HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Dreamweaver and/or Fireworks
- Organized, detail oriented and deadline focused
It's a BIG plus if:
- Proficient with InDesign and Adobe Suite -- Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat (other programs a plus)
- Experienced working with website design and content management
- Social media management is right up your alley -- and you know how to integrate it with the web platform