Are you nerdy? Come spend your summer with Big Nerd Ranch!Big Nerd Ranch
Computer Scientist/Engineer with interest in Financeiam
Web Designer (Remote)Geopolitical Intelligence System
WordPress Design Intern (FASHION - COLLEGE CREDIT)The Stylist Online
Back-End Developer Intern (PHP Developer)WREVEL
MA Cannabis Company seeks Digital Advertising & Web Analytics InternArdent
Looking For a MOBILE APP TESTING Intern for a Hot New Messaging Start-Up!exactly.me
Knowledge Management InternLutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Computer Lab Assistant - North Little Rock, ArkansasBookmark This
W Pershing Blvd
North Little Rock, AR
Posted: February 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDates/Times: Mondays @ [9:00am -12pm CST]
Thursdays @ [9:00am -12pm CST]
Providing all manner of technical assistance to computer users is the basic job description of a computer lab assistant. The assistant monitors a computer lab and resolves computer problems or answers users’ questions.
A computer lab assistant provides lab users with assistance on hardware issues, installing and using software programs, printing documents and understanding and using certain operating systems.
If interested reply or call 501-301-4261
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Computer Lab Assistant
• Offers general consultations for people who are working or studying in the lab.
• Provides instruction to all lab users on proper use of all equipment.
• Consults supervisors on more difficult issues.
• Ensures that computer lab equipment is being cared for properly by users.
• Makes sure food and beverages are not consumed in close proximity to computers.
• Monitors files and programs that are downloaded on to the computers to make sure spyware, malware and other dangerous programs are not downloaded.
• Diagnoses hardware problems and fixes them or contacts the appropriate engineer to correct the problem.
• Files all reports required by the employer.
• Supplies reference materials to help users learn how to use particular programs.
• Conducts regular maintenance on the computers in the lab.
• Maintains inventory of supplies, places orders and records of maintenance activities.
• Performs regular software backups.
• Changes toner in printers, adds paper and otherwise ensures proper functioning of all printers in the lab.
• Sets up and shuts down the lab according to work hours.
• Guides lab users to safety in the event of a fire or other emergency.
• Knowledge of computer systems, hardware and various types of software.
• Must have the ability to effectively provide instruction to lab users.
• Knowledge of how to operate, maintain and care for printers, projectors, scanners, speakers and other equipment used in conjunction with computers.
• Knowledge of tests that must be performed on computers to maintain optimal function.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must have excellent reading comprehension skills.
• Must have exceptional complex problem solving skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills as well as effective time management abilities.
• Must have active listening skills.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Applications, Gmail, Internet, Google Drive, Skype, Google Apps, Motivational Speaking, Teaching/mentoring, Computer Literacy
Preferred - Motivational Speaking, Teaching/mentoring, Computer Literacy, Google Drive, Google Docs, Internet, Computer Application Training