Development Team InternshipSurfwrench LLC
JAVA DEVELOPER --- INTERNSkoruz Technologies
Technical AdministratorLeebro POS
Technical Support Unpaid InternDigital Turbine
((( *EXCITING OPPORTUNITY* ))) - DYNAMIC WEB DESIGNER NEEDED FOR INTERNSHIPNext Level Publishing
Intern Associate Software Engineer - Part timeMaple Vue Staffing
Software InternMaple Vue Staffing
Computer InternFligel Image Apparel
Design and Usability Engineer - InternBookmark This
575 Market Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: July 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWorks under the supervision of the VP Product Development to design, and develop the presentation layers (GUI components) and visualization tools for application systems and sub-systems. Performs and interprets functional specifications and module definitions to yield design and layout of major components. Works closely with VP Product Development and Interaction Designers to interpret functional requirements, conducts task analysis and usability tests that drive GUI component development. Applies human factors principles using established Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) guidelines. Ability to use object-oriented methodologies to ensure usability and standardization throughout product development. Participates in implementation of new features and components, and contributes to the products quality infrastructure as required for product releases.
About Elliptic Labs:
Elliptic Labs’ ultrasonic software provides 3D touchless gesturing for consumer devices, creating more intuitive ways for users to navigate content and access information. The technology can be integrated in all-in-one PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Ultrasound offers the best combination of high resolution, 180-degree interaction space, and low power consumption compared to camera or other sensing technologies. Elliptic Labs uses an ultra-low power audio SoC for ultrasound processing such as Wolfson audio hubs and has formed partnerships with Murata Manufacturing, Knowles, Qualcomm and Cirrus Logic. Elliptic Labs is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, California; Shanghai, China; and Oslo, Norway.
Responsibilities• Deadlines/Schedules - The ability to complete job requirements on schedule as well as the ability to communicate job status to VP Product Development.
• Cost-Effectiveness - The ability to produce and oversee quality work within profitability goals.
• Communication Skills - The ability to provide effective communication between all internal disciplines.
RequirementsPrefer at least one year of schooling toward Bachelors/Associates degree or newly graduated in Computer Science, Visual Arts, Graphic Design or a related field.
• Ability to design and develop presentation layers (GUI components) and visualization tools for application systems and sub-systems.
• Ability to perform and interpret functional specifications and module definitions to yield design and layout of major components.
• Create rapid prototypes of interfaces to be used as a blueprint for content and technical development.
• Knowledge/Interest with touchless gesture.
• Creating or editing images and graphics for website use.
• Knowledge of programming platforms such as .NET and Java.
• Some Experience with mobile development.
• Ability to apply human factors principles using established Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) guidelines, an interest in observing and analyzing how humans interact with computers.
• Ability to use object-oriented methodologies to ensure usability and standardization throughout product development.
• Participation in the implementation of new features and components, and contributes to the products quality infrastructure as required for product releases.
• Assists in documentation of development activities to accommodate future maintenance.
• Produces documentation or services in accord with a pre-established schedule or plan.