Looking for an App DeveloperWillywash
Java/Big Data DeveloperOrzota, Inc.
Web Wiki DevelopmentWenlin Institute, Inc. SPC
Computer Science InternshipOcatasi
code wizard neededBelly Food Style
IT/Computer Systems InternDependable Internet Solutions & Knowledge, LLC
Junior Java/Linux EngineerSitecues
Are you nerdy? Come spend your summer with Big Nerd Ranch!Big Nerd Ranch
Developer InternBookmark This
39180 Farwell Drive
Posted: August 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSimpleTherapy is a digital therapeutic -- the world’s first fully online alternative to physical therapy. We’ve created a personalized, step-by-step video based program that users can do from home, on-demand, for free (because our clients, their health insurance company or employer, pays for it). There are 225 million doctors visits per year for musculoskeletal pain – the 2nd highest number, right after the common cold – and we’re on our way to making them obsolete.
SimpleTherapy offers the fun, fast-paced environment of a startup combined with the attitude of a company that’s revenue generating (Fortune 50 clients). The product is evolving to address additional B2B and B2C customer needs.
What are we looking for?
A Developer Intern who can be part of our Development team and help write code that allows one of fastest growing digital health company to ship out new features and make a difference in the healthcare industry. A person who has demonstrable interest in understanding & working on complex, high-traffic video based web applications.
We are looking for someone has a basic understanding of Web, PHP, APIs and have framework experience. We have fully functioning algorithms that are well tested and a state of the art platform to help people recover from pain. Our product is evolving to address additional B2B and B2C customer needs. We are very optimistic about our growth and we need someone who can help us in building custom frameworks, user analytics platform & user engagement techniques and much more...
We have a strong preference for people who bring a can-do attitude to the job, who can take leadership in building new components, and who are eager to learn new things.
• Write maintainable, reliable, scalable and testable code
• Collaborate with other team members and participate in cross-functional groups
• Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services
• Support and improve the existing web services platform
• Integrate additional web services and platform modifications
• Make a difference - improve people lives while disrupting the health care industry
• Currently pursuing BS/BA/MS Degree in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
• Thorough understanding of web development in any of the following languages: PHP, Perl, Java
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
• Experience using debuggers and other development tools
• Acceptable fields of study
• Computer Science
• Software Engineering
• Electrical / Computer Engineering
• Demonstrated ability to envision cloud & web-based services that meet consumer needs and solve business problems
• Minimum of 6months to 1 years experience managing web application development and teams
• Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework – Laravel preferred.
• Familiar with more than one software development methodology – Scrum Preferred
• Web application programming experience in a LAMP environment
• Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and skills.
It would a plus if you also have some of the following skills:
• Experience with Bootstrap JS, Knockout JS, LESS
• Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2/Cloud Front/S3/CDN experience
Preferred - Laravel, MySQL, API Development, AJAX Frameworks, LESS