Application Developer Summer InternshipPolen Capital Management
Web Developer InternNextGenVest
Data Analysis InternAsteres Inc
Web Developer InternshipShakd, LLC
Entrepreneurial, Web Development Internship (PHP/ MySQL) (PAID)Energize Technologies
INTERN ----- Multiple technologies ( JAVA, .NET, QA, BA, SQL,........ )Skoruz Technologies
((( *FAST-PACED POSITION* ))) - DYNAMIC WEB DESIGNER NEEDED FOR INTERNSHIPNext Level Publishing
Frenzy Dev OpportunityBookmark This
3670 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLove data science? Consider yourself fashion-forward? (huge plus but not required!) If you want to apply your coding skills to help build the world’s largest fashion database then this is the startup for you.
So what are we working on?
Imagine if you could buy the dress a model is wearing in Vogue magazine, or the latest sneakers your favorite celeb posted on Instagram. Frenzy’s core technology will let users visually shop clothing in photographs from media sites, blogs and social networks across the web. Site owners will Install Frenzy plugin on their website or mobile app to turn images into e-commerce storefronts so users can buy clothing at the point of inspiration.
Frenzy also operates a web/mobile app that aims to be a one-stop shop for fashion. We want to leverage our database to put the entire world of fashion online (think Google for fashion) designers, retailers, stores, magazines, bloggers, stylists and models – making their archives accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Our goal is to be the default online destination for fashion content and products.
Think we’re crazy yet? If not then read on…
Some of our top site partners include InStyle Magazine, Candice Lake, Fashionista and Snob Essentials. We are partnering with retailers like H&M, Barneys New York and Oki-ni to make fashion content shoppable. Our partner list is growing every week since launching the beta site.
You have the chance to work on several projects that will disrupt how people search and shop clothing online:
1) Automated Product Tagging
We are integrating language processing, image recognition and web crawling technologies to let users visually shop clothing in photographs. Automated commerce offers a new way for media companies to earn money from their content – by transforming images into storefronts.
2) Frenzy ID Project
Think Pandora’s music Genome Project for fashion. With our data infrastructure, we can use machine learning algorithms to deliver the most relevant fashion content and products to the end-user based on their styling preferences.
Ready to take a crack at it? email@example.com
Responsibilities- Help implement new site features
- Help improve the web application’s core technology components
- Augment and scale data models
- Develop web crawlers & information retrieval algorithms
- Develop and improve language processing models
- Integrate 3rd party APIs – Cloudvision, IBM Watson
- Image recognition and color extraction algorithms
- Work on front-end and back-end functions
- Help improve and develop relational databases
- Manage server configurations
- General site performance optimization and bug fixing
Requirements- Complete the Frenzy training assessment
- Learn primary back-end functions
- Understand Frenzy site code flow
- Back-end developer, Front-end, or Full-stack
- Demonstrates expertise with Angular.JS, PHP
- Experience with MySQL and/or MongoDB data architecture
- Managed AWS applications (EC2, RDS, S3)
- Experience with PHP CodeIgniter framework a huge plus!
- Built web crawlers/spiders/scrapers is a huge plus!
- Experience with image recognition and color extraction huge plus!
Preferred - Python, CodeIgniter, AngularJS, Data Architecture, Bootstrap, Web Crawling