WEB SITE DESIGNER & DEVELOPER - UnpaidThe Tree of Health Center
Website Design and CodingVM Enterprises
Web Developer InternBeansAgency
Paid Web Development Internship- Downtown San DiegoFidelitas Development
Event - Backend Development Internshipnoel.events
Event - Front End Development Internshipnoel.events
Front-End Development InternXperii
Full-Stack Developer InternshipXperii
IT InternBookmark This
Posted: September 03 2016
Company Location: Manhattan, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 30 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Information Technology Support Specialist will provide direct technical assistance and
support to Sheet Metal Industry Promotion Fund of New York City for network, hardware and software issues. Duties
include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on
desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless),
providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical
assistance as needed/requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use,
determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and
testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
Responsibilities• Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop
• Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application
• Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
• Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those
issues sent to vendors.
• Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware,
adware and/or viruses.
• Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
• Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
• Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
• Contribute to Great Valley Center technical documentation and participate in policy,
procedure, and standards development.
• Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection
and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
• Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
• Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
• Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless
• Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
RequirementsMinimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop
support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized organization.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 10-16 hours per week.
• Must be available and willing to commit at least six (6) months initially for an
• Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in a business,
communications or computer related field
• Minimum of two years of college or trade school education in a business,
communications or computer related field.
• A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print
• A GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Proficiency in computer applications:
o Microsoft Excel – Manipulation of data; transferring data; development of
charts and tables
o Microsoft Word – Entering and formatting text; inserting charts, tables, and
o Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and editing slides; inserting text, charts,
tables, and visuals
・ Conducting research via internet
• Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a highperforming
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and grooming.
• Ability to furnish documentation proving your eligibility to work in the United States.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft, Remote Support, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Data Analysis
Preferred - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Communication Skills, Remote Support, Relationship Building, Microsoft