- Internships /
- Computer Science /
- Publishing datasets into cloud-based system / Internet of Things Sensor Data / work from home
Love...Love & LOVE Wordpress! Social Media-Learn How To Make Internet $ While Helping Fun Online CoBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Travel Start Up seeking Web Development InternsTravel Zap Inc.
Android, iOS, and Web Services developer internsPEEKaMEET
Back-End Developer Intern (PHP Developer)WREVEL
Middleware Build Team - Summer 2017 Intern-012PCSabre
C# Development - 2017 Summer Intern-012GCSabre
Enterprise Analytics and Data Science - Summer 2017 Intern-012O9Sabre
Web Programming InternshipNrdFeed
Publishing datasets into cloud-based system / Internet of Things Sensor Data / work from homeBookmark This
Posted: August 28 2016
Company Location: Las Vegas, NV
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe task set involves taking publicly available sensor datasets that have been located by (other) interns, and 'ingesting' them into the Terbine system ( www.terbine.io ). This requires an understanding of scripting languages and the like, to successfully add datasets into the live database. Strictly speaking this is not a programming effort, but knowledge of software coding will make the effort go more smoothly. We are bringing up to two individuals onto the project, at a paid rate of $15/hour with no minimum hours, up to a cap of 30 hours/week. If you or perhaps anyone in your world might fit, by all means reach out to us -- before doing so, it's important that you/they look thoroughly through our company website www.terbine.com so that we have the basis for efficient conversation. We're doing something "big thought" at Terbine that can impact people and industries worldwide, join us!
Responsibilities· Reviewing dataset-candidates submitted by (other) interns.
· Formatting as necessary, permute into Terbine Metadata, add to system.
· Add datasets or pointers to same as required.
· Author scripts and other tools to improve the efficiency of same.
· You can work from wherever you're able to use your own computer and have Internet access.
Requirements· Perl, Bash Scripting or Python Experience
· SQL (any RDBMS variant)
· Experience with MS-Windows, Linux and MS-Office product
· General Software practice, Development Life Cycle and troubleshooting
· Able to adhere to development processes and quality standards
· Java or other OOP programming experience is an asset but not mandatory
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Able to research and apply knowledge effectively
· Self-motivated, responsible, and cooperative
· Capable and motivated to quickly learn leading-edge technologies
SkillsRequired - Perl Script, Python, Software Design, SQL
Preferred - Computer Science, Computer Programming