Junior/ Fresher Java Trainee - Desire to learn IT CandidatesDragon Upskills
Java developerR2 Data Vision Inc.
Looking for an App DeveloperWillywash
Java/Big Data DeveloperOrzota, Inc.
Web Wiki DevelopmentWenlin Institute, Inc. SPC
Computer Science InternshipOcatasi
code wizard neededBelly Food Style
IT/Computer Systems InternDependable Internet Solutions & Knowledge, LLC
Tech Startup that helps online freelancers seeks Front-end/Web application DeveloperBookmark This
Posted: January 08 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKrowdByz is a web technology startup working to revolutionize the future of online business interactions, and creating virtual tools for the internet based freelancer community. Our current pre-beta product is a new kind of profile building engine for freelancers that do “micro-jobs” (think Fiverr and Elance), and need a different type of “web resume” to record their digital job histories and convert them into professional resumes. Digital freelancing is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. We are creating tools that allow freelancers to own their job histories, connect to each other, and have the freedom to approach their clients on their own terms. If you are passionate about the new digital economy, helping freelancers, and keeping the internet marketplace open to everyone, come join our team. (You can learn more about the company at www.KrowdByz.com)
Our company works to help online freelancers, so we work and create like online freelancers. We subscribe to the decentralised lean development model, so our Tech and Business departments and associated personnel are spread across multiple cities, countries and time zones. There is no central office - the bulk of our creative process happens in virtual collaborative environments - which allows us greater flexibility in recruiting talent, and working across geographic locations. So this is a virtual internship that can be done from anywhere in the US, or anywhere in the world (and we welcome international applicants).
This is not an internship for people who aren’t independently motivated or are looking for a traditional office workplace (or a way to get a work visa). This program requires participants to be serious about taking initiative, staying in contact, being willing to learn from and take critical feedback from their teammates, as well as be able to work with multiple partners (in locations around the world) within a virtual office space. There will be no fake work, no copies or coffee getting. You will get to work on real projects, work with a team, be creative, get mentorship, learn fast or miss out, and have your skills challenged and improved. And if you earn our respect through your dedication (and not just your skills) - there will be multiple supervisors to provide you with letters of recommendation and serve as a long term reference.
Disclaimer: Participation in the internship, for any amount of time, does not itself guarantee placement in the company. However, given vacancies in our Tech and Business Departments, the needs of the company, and budget availability, interns may be offered full time and part time positions with the company after the internship is completed.
Responsibilities- This program is for individuals from computer science, computer engineer or design majors with excellent logical, creative, and problem solving skills who are looking to be challenged, and have their skills be tested in a fast paced, international, collaborative environment.
- You will assist the Tech and Design Teams in programming and beta testing functions and interfaces, as well as perfecting UX and UI for our product. You will see how a tech product goes from concept to realization, and be a part of a team that is working to redefine the future of online business interactions.
- We use an Agile methodology, so developers and designers assume multiple roles through the product cycle, and get to see and help with all parts of the product.
- The current project uses JS, HTML5, jQuery, AJAX and Angular (with PHP and MySQL in the back end). Experience with any of these technologies are a big plus, and should be mentioned. But a good developer is a good learner, and can learn them up on the job. As a start up, we look for motivation to grow and be challenged, not just specialised experience.
- To proceed to final interview, all applicants will be required to try completing the DEV test assignment that can be found at www.krowdbyz.com/internships - so we can get a sense of your skills. But you can also specify that you are more design specialised in your application.
RequirementsApplicants must have:
- A comprehensive resume (in PDF form) detailing previous applicable experience (you can also add a cover letter to fill in gaps).
- A knowledge of using Gdocs and social media. (A Gmail or Google account will be required.)
- Your hours will be flexible, but we expect a minimum 10-15 hours a week time commitment to qualify as an “active” week (and you can take breaks when needed for finals, family, travel etc.). The internship is successfully completed after logging in 12-14 active weeks.
- Acceptances are on a rolling basis - you can start at any time and continue for a minimum 12 week commitment. (But if you are having fun and learning you can extend the internship further and reach for more advanced assignments/positions in your field.)
- High School students are welcome to apply, if they can demonstrate a high degree of maturity, an interest in the project, and an affinity for the needed skill set.
You can speed up the application process taking one of the skill based tests at www.krowdbyz.com/internships and following the instructions there. You can also email us directly by sending your resume to email@example.com (remember to start your email’s subject with the skill track you are interested in).
SkillsRequired - HTML + CSS, HTML 5