WordPress Guru Needed - Super Creative Web Design ProjectsKristina Derby Consulting
Love...Love & LOVE Wordpress! Social Media-Learn How To Make Internet $ While Helping Fun Online CoBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Travel Start Up seeking Web Development InternsTravel Zap Inc.
Android, iOS, and Web Services developer internsPEEKaMEET
Back-End Developer Intern (PHP Developer)WREVEL
Middleware Build Team - Summer 2017 Intern-012PCSabre
C# Development - 2017 Summer Intern-012GCSabre
Enterprise Analytics and Data Science - Summer 2017 Intern-012O9Sabre
Virtual Reality (VR) Tech & News InternshipBookmark This
Posted: April 27 2016
Company Location: Universal City, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe’re looking for college students (with college credit) who love Virtual Reality and are hardcore VR nerds to join our team as interns.
You might have been to internships which promises you a lot but you end up running errands, cleaning and other mean things. I went through that myself. This isn't that kind of an internship. You will be writing for our flagship portal "Cultiwate VR", which is scheduled to launch in August.
Cultiwate VR is the first of its kind platform for VR filmmakers where we curate VR-X content and help the VR Filmmakers to distribute their content to the right places. As part of Cultiwate VR, We will be reporting news, latest updates, interviews and be a portal for everything VR. Our purpose is to create and deliver content so compelling it entertains, informs and shapes the world.
We will let you write and publish your own stories, interview the stalwarts of the VR industry. Additionally, You will also get to attend press-briefings, conferences, workshops and seminars. As an intern, you’ll be writing as much as you can. You’ll work on a variety of projects, from blog posts to videos. You’ll have many opportunities to write about the next big thing in the VR world, but also to write about VR tech news as it relates to your other interests, whether they lie in tool chains, game engines or hardware.
We’re looking for interns who are independent and self-motivated with good news judgement. We need people who write quickly and accurately, who already live and breathe Virtual Reality.
You will always be in the company of experienced filmmakers and tech people currently working at Major Tech companies and will get to play around with New GPUs, VR Headsets and new VR Experiences before anyone else gets their hands on them.
The Internship is on-location or remote or both. The hours and days are flexible. On-location is based on the Iconic Universal Studios Backlot in Universal City, CA (Greater Los Angeles area).
- Reporting and writing the latest updates on VR.
- Conduct Video/ Text Interviews
- Watching and Reviewing VR Experiences
- Familiarity with Game Engines, Tool Chains, Benchmarking and doing performance tests on GPUs is a plus
- Act like an owner not an intern
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in any field related to computer science
- Experience in Virtual Reality, Game Engines and Workstation based GPU
- Experience in writing Tech blogs or reviews
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familarity of Adobe Premiere (or) Final Cut Pro is a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Must act like an owner not an intern
- Must have the drive to invent the future
SkillsRequired - Virtual Reality, Digital Journalism
Preferred - Game Engines, DotNetNuke, CUDA, Benchmarking, DirectX, OpenCL, Nuke, GPU, Adobe, Technology