Senior Front-End Developer (Internship to Job)Seller Bailout
Global Tools InternMarkem-Imaje
Data Science InternFront Rush
Music Technology and Software Creator757 Media
Web Developer Unpaid InternshipMNM Couture
Web Design and DevelopmentGADI Enterprises
Programming/Coding Internship for Online Clothing CompanyRevival Clothing and Historica Clothiers
Website Development & DesignBookmark This
Posted: September 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe #LIVEDOPE Movement is a nonprofit youth-collaborative movement and network, focused on inspiring and empowering the current and next generation of teens and young adults to discover who they are and what they're most passionate about, as we aid in their pursuit of that passion, and to live life with purpose.
We connect with youth online and offline, to include a website, social media feeds, and I.R.L. (in real life) workshops, with an app in the near future. A few of our main components include #DOPEVIEWS (a passion based career directory deeper of dope professionals who are living out their passion), #DOPESPOTLIGHTS (recognition of a teen or young adult in pursuit of their passion), #DOPEPAGES (a youth-focused resource directory created with youth-focused organizations) and #DOPECONNECTIONS (opportunity & resource listings within a community and beyond)
The #LIVEDOPE Movement is a relatively new initiative with a small team (we are in every sense of the word a start-up) but we have come a long way in a short period of time - even though we still have a long way to go and are currently redeveloping. The goal of the movement is lead youth into a better future through the discovery, development, and defining of their passion(s) that then sets the stage for their ultimate purpose in life.
As stated, we are currently redeveloping the movement to come back doper than ever and a huge part of this redevelopment is moving our website over to wordpress, that allows us to build out a better directory and have member login pages for visitors to create passion profiles and connect to organizations. You can see the shell of our current site at livedopemovement.com.
The #LIVEDOPE Movement is looking for 1 outstanding intern who is super creative and takes initiative without much direction, up-to-date with current website trends but also ahead of the curve with innovative ideas, as well as adequate knowledge to succeed in this position that must include wordpress knowledge and coding.
This is for the individual who wants true hands on experience with the opportunity to be part of something great (I mean DOPE) and not for the novice who needs to be taught web development.
If seriously interested, you can apply through internships.com or email your resume and cover letter directly to Cameron Govan, Founder & Executive Director, at Cameron@livedopemovement.com
please note, this internship is unpaid with flexible start and end dates, but we ask that each intern make at least a 4 - 6 month minimum commitment. We are located in Washington DC, and certainly prefer our interns live in the Washington DC Metro Area, but we are looking for interns all over the United States.
In submission statement, please state your preferred start date.
Responsibilities- Expand and develop new site features - under functionality and aesthetics (such as directories, member login, and
passion profiles) on wordpress platform
- Research websites targeting the same audience and develop our site to speak the language of target audience (youth,
aged 13 to 21).
- Day to day oversight of website
- Be present for weekly meetings, conducted face to face or video chat
- Further design site to stay current or preferably AHEAD
Requirements- Experience with website development and design
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail (emphasis on attention to detail) and problem solving skills
- Clear communication skills, including frequent email/slack checking and timely responses
- Forward thinking
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, and judging correctly what will appeal to target
- Hard working and motivated
- Experience with collaborating with others to successfully complete a task and able to work on a small team
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks at once
- Creative and flexible as well as versatile in your creativity
- Open-minded, and enthusiastic