Spring 2014 Peacemaker Internship - Legislative / PoliticalMassachusetts Peace Action
Congressional Campaign InternshipBrendan Boyle for Congress
Intern for Monmouth County Political CampaignsMonmouth County Democrats
Editorial Internship in the Political/Congressional Space - ImmediateVotetocracy.com
Congressional Campaign InternJudy Biggert for Congress
Congressman Beto O'Rourke Congressional Internship--El Paso, Texas District OfficeBookmark This
Office of Congressman Beto O'Rourke
303 N. Oregon
El Paso, TX
DescriptionCongressman Beto O’Rourke
District Office Internship Program
(915) 541 – 1400
An internship in our District Office encompasses a variety of tasks and assignments, all critical to the best functioning of the office. Interns assist district staff by responding to constituent requests, developing reports, and compiling research on targeted issues. The position will also include data entry and analysis, answering phones, conducting constituent exit surveys, work on special projects and other activities.
Hours and pay:
• Interns are required to work a minimum of 15 hours (8:30am-5:30pm) per week for the entirety of the semester fall, spring, or summer.
• This position is a volunteer position; a stipend is not available.
Benefits will include:
• College level credit (if applicable)
• Close interaction with the Congressman and District Staff
2013 SUMMER INTERNSHIP DEADLINE:
All application materials due no later than May 10th.
For Internships in our D.C. office please see the internship page on our website: orourke.house.gov
• Direct phone calls
• Manage constituent database
• Respond to requests for information and record constituent concerns
• Assist district staff with projects, research, and other administrative tasks
• Draft constituent correspondence
• The ability to produce professional work when assisting with projects
• The ability to assume responsibility for projects and follow through with all assignments
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs
• An ability to work in a variety of environments
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Mariah Savage via email at: Mariah.Savage@mail.house.gov