Intern for Monmouth County Political CampaignsMonmouth County Democrats
Editorial Internship in the Political/Congressional Space - ImmediateVotetocracy.com
Congressman Beto O'Rourke Congressional Internship--El Paso, Texas District OfficeOffice of Congressman Beto O'Rourke
Congressional Campaign InternJudy Biggert for Congress
Congressional Campaign InternshipScott Peters for Congress
Summer 2014 Peacemaker Internship - Legislative / PoliticalBookmark This
Massachusetts Peace Action
11 Garden St
DescriptionMassachusetts Peace Action is seeking students, recent graduates, or young activists who can commit 10+ hours per week for at least 10 weeks between May and August. The internship is unpaid, but a stipend of $300 will be paid on completion. Start and end dates are flexible but the student should be able to work at least 10 weeks during the term. Our office is located in Harvard Square, Cambridge.
Massachusetts Peace Action is a statewide membership organization working to develop the sustained political power to foster a more just and peaceful U.S. foreign policy. Through grassroots organizing, policy advocacy, and community education, our priority issues for 2014 are: promote reductions in the military budget to fund programs that address jobs, the environment and human needs; end the war in Afghanistan and prevent one with Iran; and abolish nuclear weapons.
The Legislative Intern will focus on organizing support for our legislation Massachusetts State House, tracking the items on Mass. Peace Action’s legislative agenda, and mobilizing support and opposition in Congress for the bills we support and oppose.
Responsibilities• Update the Legislative Scorecard to reflect current legislation, sponsorship and vote results
• Write updates for our supporters on the legislative agenda; post updates on social media
• Contact legislative offices to communicate about our issues
• Contact Peace Action supporters who are constituents and ask them to contact legislative offices
• If an election campaign is ongoing, contact candidates about the issues
RequirementsYou must demonstrate:
• Your understanding of the global and domestic effects of U.S. militarism
• Your commitment to grassroots organizing for progressive social change
• Strong writing, analytical and interpersonal skills
• That you are a self-starter
• Desire to work as part of a small team in a grassroots setting