Congressional Intern (Full-Time)Bookmark This
Congressman Wm. Lacy Clay
6830 Gravois Avenue
St Louis, MO
Posted: July 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirst elected to Congress in 2000, Wm. Lacy Clay is currently serving his eighth term and represents Missouri's 1st Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Congressman Clay is senior member of the powerful House Financial Services Committee where he serves as the Ranking Member on the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit. Clay is also a senior member on the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which has major oversight and investigative responsibilities for the operations of the federal government.
This internship is ideal for candidates who are interested in learning about the federal government, who are passionate about social and economic justice, and who are committed to public service. The Congressman is accepting internship applications in all three of his district offices in St. Louis, Missouri.
ResponsibilitiesInterns in Congressman Clay’s offices have a number of responsibilities. Typical tasks range from administrative jobs and office duties to aiding the communications director and constituent services staff in community outreach.
Tasks assigned may include (but are not limited to):
- attending special events
- working on special projects based in the district
- assisting with social media outreach and networking
- developing and implementing marketing strategies
- greeting guests
- answering phones
- sorting mail
- drafting letters to constituents.
RequirementsWe are seeking interns who possess the following traits:
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Microsoft Word expertise
- Excellent communication skills, as evident in written and oral communication
- An innovative, curious self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- An intelligent, energetic, and professional individual who is able to perform well in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (3-5 pages)
All majors and fields of study will be considered.
SkillsRequired - Self-driven, Team Player, Excellent communication skills, Deadline Oriented, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Leadership Accountability, Ability to work under pressure, Writing/Editing
Preferred - Attention To Detail, Always Willing to Learn, Creative, Passion for Quality, Public Interest, Problem Solver, Organizational Excellence, Excellent interpersonal skills