Habitat for Humanity of Wake County: Summer of Service - A Brush With KindnessHabitat for Humanity of Wake County
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County: Summer of Service - DeConstructionHabitat for Humanity of Wake County
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County: Summer of Service - ConstructionHabitat for Humanity of Wake County
Construction Site SupervisorChaffee County Habitat for Humanity
Assistant Project Manager - ConstructionBookmark This
Architectural Window Systems
DescriptionArchitectural Window Systems, an industry leader in the restoration and reproduction of historic windows and doors, based in Wilmington, DE, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated assistant project manager who will be able to work in a fast paced environment, assisting in the management of historic restoration projects. This is an unpaid position for college students and recent graduates only. College credit or a lunch and travel stipend will be provided.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Principal Responsibilities
To assist the Project Manager(s) with day to day tasks as follows:
1. Attend project meetings as requested by a project manager with deliverables as defined by same.
2. Prepare RFI’s and submittals as requested and track status of same.
3. Expedite returns of submittals and RFI's from General Contractor.
4. Track submittals, transmittals and RFI’s.
5. Assist PM to produce purchase logs for each job.
6. Assist PM with RFP’s and expediting proposals from vendors.
7. Assist PM in producing project schedules.
8. Coordinate with PM and update the Project Tracking Schedule as required.
9. Assist the PM with warranty work and replacement material orders for completed contracts. Determine the status of the warranty, determine the original job number, print the approved drawings and execute the work as requested by PM.
10. Assist PM’s and Field Coordinators to obtain quotes for materials, labor, subcontracted items and scopes.
11. Follow up with clients to execute Change Orders.
12. Assist PM as required.
13. Assist Field Coordinators as required.
14. Work at job sites if requested to assist in items such as field documentation, quality, inventory, survey etc
15. Assist team in finding new potential vendors.
16. Follow company policies and procedures. Recommend improvements to Supervisor.
Follow and uphold all Company policies and procedures, safety, integrity, and quality standards in connection with a given project. Ensure that important information learned and technical enhancements and all useful data, either produced internally or vendor-supplied, contribute to Company know-how and the experience database of Architectural Window Systems. Communicate this information formally and informally in meetings and in collaborative activities with other Project Managers and team members.
RequirementsQualifications / Requirements
· A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or an appropriate engineering discipline, or equivalent.
· Strong detail, deadline, and goal orientation, with high integrity and innovation, and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required.
· Must be able to complete multiple tasks on multiple projects as directed by the project manager(s).
· Strong communication skills and ability to represent the Company’s interests while providing client satisfaction.
· Ability to comprehend contracts, specifications, schedules, and drawings.
· Knowledge of Windows and MS Office systems along with MS Project scheduling software.
· In addition to normal physical exertions in a job-site environment, individual should have above average walking, climbing, lifting and balancing skills.
· Position requires some travel.