Fund raising for Children education and health programs for communities sustainability -Kenya agendaDaos Children centre
Social Media & Community Management InternNations Renovations
Construction Engineer InternCGT Paving and Maintenance Services Llc.
Engineering Intern for Small Construction/Asphalt Paving CompanyCGT Paving and Maintenance Services Llc.
Human Resources InternCGT Paving and Maintenance Services Llc.
Paid Commercial Roofing Estimator InternshipBookmark This
Burns & Scalo Roofing
2181 Innovation Drive, Suite 101
At Burns and Scalo, we have been noted for our product diversification, involving energy and environmental solutions while expanding geographically; we have positioned our company for future growth well into the twenty-first century. As a premier roofing and specialty contractor headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, we produce top notch results for our customers needing commercial, residential, sheet metal, and solar/green/vegetative roofing system projects. We are growing our business through continued investment in new technologies and energetic, coachable employees. We succeed together here and have the joy of sharing our successes with our customers and also our fantastic team members. We are currently growing our Columbus, Ohio location and looking for eager and talented people to join our team.
Burns & Scalo Roofing, Co. has an immediate need for a dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized commercial estimating intern to support its Commercial Estimating staff. We are seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented person with interest in commercial roofing projects.
Responsibilities• Work hand-in-hand with in-house sales and operations departments to learn processes for submitting detailed and accurate roof measurements, estimates, and proposals
• Gain an understanding of blueprint and contract information received, prepared and presented by the company
• Shadow and help prepare proposals, including a comprehensive outline of work to be performed along with bidding information, forms, drawings and digital photos
• Gain an understanding of any in-progress work order changes, approvals, and project close-out to ensure customer satisfaction
• Shadow the liaison responsibilities of the sales and operations department to ensure a proper hand off from sales to operations to provide the best customer experience possible
• Gain an understanding of roofing information - price, quality, point of sales material
• Observe and learn customer relations aspects including but not limited to resolving customer concerns, finalizing and modifying orders, and addressing inquiries as applicable
• Shadow estimators during job site visits
• Shadow account managers during job-sit inspections
• Adhere to all safety rules and procedures
• Primary physical responsibilities include computer work- sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, and occasional climbing of ladders
• Basic ability to read architectural drawings, and enter information into estimating programs to obtain a bid price utilizing Timberline estimating software
• Possess Customer Care focus and have ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Possess a Customer-Centric focus
• Strong time management, attention to detail, and organization skills to remain focused while managing your own schedule
• Computer and technical skills (Microsoft Office required; Estimating Software and CAD preferred)
• Strong and effective communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
• Roofing or construction industry experience a plus
• Must be a student or possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or related field