Sales & Estimating - Construction InternshipAlpha Insulation & Waterproofing
Buildings and Grounds InternshipFarm & Wilderness Foundation
Eco building internYoung Women's IDEA
Natural Building InternshipCommunity Rebuilds
Estimating / Project Managments / DraftingHarry J. Kloeppel & Associates, Inc
Construction InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
Marketing InternUprising Builders, LLC
Handyman / maintenance -for small realty company.school term furnished housing rentals and discountspedraza realty inc.
Commercial Construction EstimatorBookmark This
6815 Manhattan Blvd. Suite 100
Fort Worth, TX
Posted: December 01 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
TinMan Enterprises is a customer-focused organization providing flexible solutions for our clients’ fencing, fabrication and welding needs. We will continue to operate in a safe environment and maintain quality products and services through continual improvement. Our future success is to be measured by exceeding customer expectations and meeting technical specifications. Our Quality Program will encourage and empower our employees to positively impact our customers and the community.
TinMan Enterprises provides responsive, reliable, and efficient fabrication, welding, and general repair. We operate in a safe environment and maintain quality products and services. Experienced, certified welders and skilled craft-persons perform your services according to industry standards.
We are currently seeking an intern to assist in our estimating process.
• Review invitations to bid and present projects of interest for approval to bid
• Review specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work
• Perform take-offs
• Meet Bid Date/Time Requirements
• Review and incorporate historical data from completed projects to update unit costs and man hour figures
• Ensure that estimates are priced accurately
• Request and review vendor quotes
• Follow up on post bid projects
• Ability to read blueprints
• Perform estimates based on vendor quotes
• Working knowledge of construction techniques and building materials
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work under pressure to meet internal and client project deadlines without compromising quality
• Open to juniors, seniors and graduate students working toward degrees in math, interior design, architectural/construction engineering or construction management
Future opportunities for full-time employment are available for the right candidate. This is a paid internship.
This internship may or may not qualify for credit. Please see your academic advisor before accepting this internship.
Qualified candidates should have a strong desire for hands–on learning in commercial construction and will have completed their sophomore or junior year in a construction or engineering major, and have a strong desire to become an estimator. Work may include learning estimating programs, performing takeoffs for a particular or multiple divisions, work on pricing, all alongside seasoned estimators to assist and share their wealth of knowledge.