Construction Estimator/PM InternBookmark This
Manhattan Renovations Inc
East 33rd Street
New York, NY
Posted: February 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHigh End interior renovation firm is looking for a Construction Estimator/Manager Intern. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to peruse the career of a Construction Project Manager or Estimator. The internship will provide the chance to apply the knowledge gained in an educational environment to the many diverse tasks typically found in a general contracting business. You will learn the trade and process, and get familiar with Manhattan high end residential filed. You will be exposed to a variety of tasks at different stages of the project.
Responsibilities• Support the project management team with subcontractor and supplier coordination, material tracking, file management, document control (submittals, RFIs, change orders) and progress reporting
• Document issues related to the project schedule or budget
• Assist with scheduling
• Assist with bids, estimating, scope of work, etc.
• Ad hoc projects
Requirements• Undergraduate Construction Management or related degree
• Any related work experience is a plus
• Great organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read blueprints and construction drawings
• Excellent oral and written and communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
SkillsRequired - Construction Administration Services
Preferred - Estimating