Construction Intern (Unpaid, but will cover expenses)Bookmark This
Summit Communities, LLC
300 russell blvd
Posted: May 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSummit Communities, LLC is looking for a Construction Intern. The student filling this position will handle a wide range of important duties.
We renovate vintage 60,70,80’s apartment communities in order to provide everyone a decent place to live. With this mission in place and community support, Summit Communities, LLC has renovated over 250 units. As the Construction Intern, you will be working with our Construction Supervisor to gain valuable work experience while enhancing leadership potential and construction skills.
Responsibilities• Convey a professional and positive image of Summit Communities, LLC through knowledge of our mission, adherence to safety, and personal attitude.
• Project Management: Assist with scheduling subcontractors, performing material take-offs, assure adherence to project deadlines.
• Ensure that all materials and necessary tools are on site and ready for daily activities.
• Ensure retention of employees through productive use of their skills/interests/time and meaningful recognition of their contributions.
• Maintain the purchasing process
• Ensure that assigned project sites are safe, clean, and orderly at the end of each work day.