Construction Project Management Intern -CAD Project Mgmt experienceModern Recycled Spaces
Construction Project Management Assistant for Fairfield and New Haven County ProjectsVASE Construction
Construction InternHabitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties
Operations Intern at Kech ConstructionJWC REAL ESTATE GROUP
Summer Mission Intern - Construction CoordinatorAlabama Rural Ministry
Sales & Estimating - Construction InternshipAlpha Insulation & Waterproofing
Buildings and Grounds InternshipFarm & Wilderness Foundation
Construction InternBookmark This
Comal County Habitat for Humanity
1269 Industrial Drive
New Braunfels, TX
Posted: August 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionComal County Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that works to provide everyone a decent place to live. With this mission in place and community support, Comal County Habitat for Humanity has built over 30 homes for families in need. Every home built is a product of volunteer efforts, donations of time, money, and expertise. As the Construction Intern, you will be working with our Construction Supervisor to gain valuable work experience in non-profit work, enhance leadership potential and construction skills, work outdoors in a non-traditional setting, and interact with partner families and other members of the community.
Responsibilities• Convey a professional and positive image of Comal County Habitat for Humanity through knowledge of our mission, adherence to safety, and personal attitude.
• Project Management: Assist with scheduling subcontractors, performing material take-offs, assure adherence to project deadlines.
• Ensure that all materials and necessary tools are on site and ready for daily activities.
• Ensure retention of volunteers through productive use of their skills/interests/time and meaningful recognition of their contributions.
• Serve as a volunteer crew leader as needed.
• Ensure that assigned project sites are safe, clean, and orderly at the end of each work day.
Requirements• Ability to work well with diverse populations including sponsors, partner families, staff, community leaders, board members, subcontractors, and other volunteers
• Physical ability to lift 50lbs consistently, handle and operate power tools, labor in outdoor conditions
• Strong communication skills
• Ability calm and focused in a constantly changing environment
• Positive attitude and passion for community service and affordable housing
• Construction staff members work Thursday – Saturday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
• Hours will vary and can be worked around course schedules.
SkillsRequired - Communication Skills
Preferred - Strength, Team Player