Eco building internBookmark This
Young Women's IDEA
Posted: October 02 2016
Company Location: New Delhi, IL
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
Ecobuilding concentrates on working with locally available resources such as bamboos, thatch, clay, mud and such natural resources to create alternative solutions for sustainable development. Ecobuilding is closely related to our projects in SWASH, health and alternative energies.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such as: building the outer structure for interns, some maintenance issues, sustainable gardening and waste management solutions and adapt them in the community, grey water filtration, bio sand filters, small scale vertical farming within greenhouse, in collaboration with Organic Farming.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
• Researches about Indian culture and heritage, resources, interests and needs within the community.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
• Showing the community of waste management skills.
• Designing and planning alternative and sustainable solutions.
• Creating an eco-building inventory in your centre.
• Facilitate sustainable projects for the community members.
• Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
• Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
• Flexibility and self-motivation.
• Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
• Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
• Strong communications skills.
• Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
• Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events.
RequirementsMinimum stay of 3 months up to 18 months
Between 18 and 35 years old