Construction Project Management Intern -CAD Project Mgmt experienceModern Recycled Spaces
Construction Project Management Assistant for Fairfield and New Haven County ProjectsVASE Construction
Construction InternHabitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties
Operations Intern at Kech ConstructionJWC REAL ESTATE GROUP
Summer Mission Intern - Construction CoordinatorAlabama Rural Ministry
Sales & Estimating - Construction InternshipAlpha Insulation & Waterproofing
Buildings and Grounds InternshipFarm & Wilderness Foundation
Home Repair Service Internship, Meals On Wheels AtlantaBookmark This
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Drive
Posted: April 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionREPORTS TO: Director of Home Repair Services
WORK HOURS: Flexible hours Monday – Saturday, 2-5 days per week
LENGTH OF TIME: Flexible Internships in the Spring, Summer, and Fall
Meals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) Mission is to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community. Each year, MOWA accomplishes this by delivering nutritious meals, repairing homes, providing community and wellness support, and helping seniors and their families manage Alzheimer's and dementia.
(MOWA) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Home Repair Services Intern. The intern will provide administrative and staff support while gaining a deeper knowledge of home repair, office management and nonprofit operations. This is an unpaid, part-time position for registered college/university students.
Increase a student's sense of responsibility.
Acquire good work habits.
Enhance multi-tasking skills.
Enhance communication skills..
Improve public speaking and training Skills.
Better understanding of Atlanta nonprofit network.
• Assist with documentation of departmental programs including Social Media postings, newsletter articles and volunteer thank you letters.
• Participate in volunteer events.
PROGRAMMATIC RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS:
• Assist with development and tracking of departmental needs assessment process.
• Update departmental policies and procedures manual.
• Develop and complete departmental history project including interviews with staff members.
• Update resource guides and vendor lists.
• Develop and implement customer profile documentation.
• Provide general administrative support for the Home Repair Services department.
• File review and maintenance.
• Assist with client database.
• Internet Research.
• Ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally (Customer Service).
• Ability to drive to and from volunteer activities mostly in the Atlanta metro area.
• Must be a current student or recent graduate.
• Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Must have transportation and use it on occasion for work duties.
• Must be able to lift over 20-30 lbs.
• Outgoing demeanor, with the ability to motivate others.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
• Highly organized.
• Able to multi-task and respond to deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point. Knowledge of Raisers Edge, ServTracker, and SharePoint management software is considered a plus.
Additionally, all MOWA Interns are expected to take on additional responsibilities and participate in organizational wide endeavors as appropriate. Internship descriptions are not limited to items in formal internship description.