Internship - Fireproofing OperationsBookmark This
Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing
1300 Williams Drive
Posted: January 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlpha Insulation & Waterproofing is currently seeking talented students and graduates looking to excel their careers in the construction industry. Expansive growth has opened a number of advancement opportunities for those looking to join a progressive construction organization. We have immediate openings for Interns in our Marietta, GA location as well as many of our other locations across the Southeast.
With over a quarter-century of experience in commercial insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration, Alpha has served as the benchmark for excellence, peerless quality, and unmatched service. Our commitment to team-building and quality craftsmanship, along with our ability to serve our clients in a variety of areas, has allowed us to consistently grow for over 33 years.
- Assist with estimating project costs and maintain estimating database
- Perform a quantitative analysis of scopes
- Learn installation techniques, waterproofing, firestopping, and insulation systems
- Work with mentor to read, review, and interpret blueprint drawings
- Gain an understanding of cost vs revenue, basic job accounting techniques, and managing clients
- Manage project document flow
- Assist the Sales and Project Managers with various administrative duties
All majors accepted, Construction Management/Engineering majors preferred, construction experience a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to active construction sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
With a 30+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company wants you to join our team. As a privately-owned and operated company, we have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule around your class schedule
- Use of company tools and equipment
- Full training and industry orientation
- Career management/training process with an attainable path for advancement
- Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you!