Sales & Estimating - Construction InternshipAlpha Insulation & Waterproofing
Buildings and Grounds InternshipFarm & Wilderness Foundation
Eco building internYoung Women's IDEA
Natural Building InternshipCommunity Rebuilds
Estimating / Project Managments / DraftingHarry J. Kloeppel & Associates, Inc
Construction InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
Marketing InternUprising Builders, LLC
Handyman / maintenance -for small realty company.school term furnished housing rentals and discountspedraza realty inc.
Project Engineer Commercial Construction Sub-ContractorBookmark This
Nevell Group, Inc
1320 Willow Pass Rd
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNevell Group, Inc. (NGI) is an innovative commercial interior and exterior wall-system subcontractor with offices in Brea, Concord and Carlsbad, California. NGI has over 13 years’ experience in both the public and private sectors including; medical commercial, hospitality, retail, educational, and institutional.
NGi is currently looking for a dedicated PROJECT ENGINEER. This is an excellent opportunity to provide project management assistance and be part of a growing company.
• Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, and quality standards are met. Exercise independent judgment related to day-to-day administration of projects.
• Assist in obtaining pricing for the development of cost estimates.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project schedules.
• Assist Superintendent with the implementation of job site safety procedures, notifications, signage, supplies, and equipment.
• Assist Project Manager in communicating effectively with the Owner, coordinating team meetings, completing contract documents, and reviewing consultant and contractor pay applications.
• Assist Project Manager in verifying submittal conformity to specs.
• Maintain document control, including reviewing, understanding, logging and distributing the following:
Request for Information (RFI)
Project Cost Reports
Architect’s Supplemental Instructions (ASI)
Contract Close-out Documentation (i.e. close-out manual)
Close Out Log
• Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in coordinating the work of each trade.
• Review contractor changes and design professional additional service requests.
• Assist in the development of punch lists and the follow-up necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
• Assist Project Manager in obtaining required plans checks and permits for the work and in coordinating required inspections by appropriate inspectors.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with existing clients and assist the business development team with marketing efforts to acquire new clients and project opportunities. Issuing Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Change Orders.
• Providing follow-up with vendors, subcontractors and clients to ensure approval and return of all project documentation.
• Using the company accounting software to run reports, resolve job cost issues and do miscellaneous project research.
• Providing assistance to Project Managers, Project Engineers and Superintendents for submittals and job closeout documentation.
RequirementsDESIRED CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years of Project Engineer experience in the construction management industry is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures
• Ability to read architectural plans and specifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word, and other construction related software
• Ability to effectively present information in oral, written and graphic form
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, and outside entities
• Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and in proactively finding solutions
• Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural Degree, or equivalent experience