Maintenance & Facilities InternshipElmwood Park Zoo
Construction Management - Architectural Internship - Cisse Contracting Services LLCCISSE CONTRACTING SERVICES LLC
Administrative SupportPerry Internationally, LLC dba/ Allstates Contractors /A Beautiful U Hair Salon
Project Coordinator for Construction CompanyNSP Enterprises, Inc.
Residential Construction InternChaffee County Habitat for Humanity
Construction Project Management Intern -CAD Project Mgmt experienceModern Recycled Spaces
Project Engineer Intern 1Bookmark This
5100 S Lake Park
Posted: May 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a General Contractor and Construction Management firm that was established on the core principles of family, honesty, discipline, and quality. The Bowa Group consists of individuals, collectively, with over 50 years of general contracting, construction management and design build experience. We build projects with passion and are driven by the anticipation of the impact it will have in our communities- for years to come.
The Internship position will assist project management and construction supervision efforts. Management and coordination of all submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, and document control activities at the job site during the construction period. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
ResponsibilitiesTypical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Distribute new or updated drawings and specifications
• Solicit bids/quotes
• Perform estimates and takeoffs
• Prepare and update project schedules as required
• Research drawing interpretations, problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
• Research, transmit and monitor RFI's
• Prepare a submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications. Monitor and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements. Follow through as required.
• Distribute, research, monitor, compile proposed Change Order (C.O.), Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI), etc. Submit to Supervisor for approval. Update contract documents with C.O., ASI, etc.
• Maintain tracking system to expedite construction materials and equipment
• Maintain and update status reports as required.
• Generate punch list.
• Attend and document project meetings.
• Oversee general correspondence as required.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's or Superintendent's direction.
Requirements• Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with Project Team.
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills.
• Setting goals
• Customer orientation
• Team orientation
• Process improvement
• Problem solving
• Detail oriented
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of construction management and scheduling software
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline