Research Analyst InternshipBookmark This
8280 Greensboro Dr. #800
DescriptioniMapData Inc. is a consulting firm specializing in customized geospatially based decision support solutions for public and private sectors. Our web-based application capitalizes on the company’s data and analytical expertise. Our user friendly tools enable non-analysts and individuals without the technical expertise to quickly derive actionable conclusions from complex data sets. We are experts at identifying the data sets that are most relevant to client needs, and integrating them into powerful web-based solutions that deliver meaningful results.
We seek creative and hardworking interns who are willing to learn. As an intern at iMapData, you will be able to gain exposure to various aspects of the company. This is a great opportunity for current students or recent graduates looking to gain professional experience and contribute their expertise and ideas to help our company grow.
For more information, please visit www.imapdata.com.
We are seeking part-time interns for an 8 week internship in June/July 2014. Specifically, the individual will:
• Work closely with Research, GIS, and Product Development teams on various projects and assignments
• Provide in-depth research, insight and analysis on various topics
• Aid in the maintenance, refinement, and enhancement of our databases
• Participate in weekly data meetings and “Lunch and Learns” with staff and fellow interns
• Good understanding of geography. Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems a plus
• Proficient in a foreign language a plus -- Portuguese or Spanish
• Experience with FME, Microsoft SQL Server, data analysis, or graphic design a plus
Requirements• A desirable candidate will be proactive and highly motivated, with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Full-time rising junior or senior at a college/university. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
• Strong research, data collection and problem solving skills. We seek candidates from a variety of backgrounds including—Geography/GIS, International Relations, Emergency Management, Data Analytics, Meteorology
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite