Sustainability Business Development and Marketing InternBookmark This
1400 16th Street, Suite 400
DescriptionATTN Applicants: You must meet the requirements denoted in Qualifications (below) to be considered for this position. To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
MetaVu is a strategy consultancy helping clients measure, manage, and communicate their Return on Investment in Sustainable Development (SDROI). MetaVu has successfully collaborated with leading companies across multiple sectors including global energy development in extractives, renewables and electricity distribution in the “smart grid”, pharmaceuticals, consumer products and technology.
To learn more about MetaVu, please visit: www.MetaVu.com
Internship Opportunity with MetaVu
A Social Media and Marketing Intern is a key staff position performing business development and marketing tasks such as writing company Press Releases, website and social media content; coordinating SDROI TV filming activities; website development; and developing customer outreach strategies and communications. We encourage our interns to get creative and test their skills by brainstorming and implementing new creative strategies for the accounts we manage. We are looking for individuals who strive to learn more about the effects of social media on business performance and we are looking to fill this position immediately.
Current Projects include:
1. NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index rankings
2. The SDROI TV Show / Analyst Call
3. Client Project Development – Fortune 500 client assignments
About The SDROI TV Analyst Calls
The SDROI TV Analyst Calls are presented by MetaVu and CRD Analytics and address the rapid evolution of sustainability indexes, ratings, and ESG investing. They provide actionable insights for corporate IRO, CFO, CEO and CSO’s and external ESG and SRI analysts and advisors. Topics included: ESG performance - Shareholder Proxy Resolutions and Investor Relations Management; G4 and Integrated Reporting Framework Updates; and Supply Chain Reporting. For more information, please visit: www.thechangingesglandscape.com.
About the NASDAQ Global Sustainability Index
The NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability Index is designed to track the performance of companies that are taking a leadership role in sustainability performance reporting. These companies have voluntarily disclosed their carbon footprint, energy usage, water consumption, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, employee safety, workforce diversity, management composition and community investing.
About Project Development – Fortune 500 clients
The ideal candidate will support project development and delivery for select Fortune 500 clients. Details to be assigned.
1.) Assist in developing marketing communications and strategies to drive increased website traffic, social media followers and sales
2.) Manage and create social media accounts, answer customer inquiries, maintain company blog, create website content, and administer e-mail campaigns
3.) Perform business analytics to support development of the project or client specific solution; must be adept at both quantitative and qualitative analysis
4.) Brainstorm website design, marketing campaigns and other communications that position the brand as desired or increase sales
5.) Prepare work products including verbal and written reports, presentations, and spreadsheet analysis, to clearly communicate the project research analysis and actionable intelligence.
6.) Anticipate client needs to support the project team, including: special research assignments, originating work product, and general support of the project manager
7.) React and adapt to handle other essential tasks as assigned by the project manager.
• Current enrollment as a junior or senior in an accredited bachelor’s program in business, economics, communications management, environmental science, or engineering or other relevant degree with a GPA above 3.3 required
• Current enrollment in an accredited Masters of Business Administration orf Masters of Science program highly preferred
• Excellent computer skills for common software (Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) required; working knowledge of CMS platforms and/or MS Project preferred
• Passion and / or experience with sustainable business concepts required
• Superior communication skills both verbally and written are required
• A good command of the latest social media and networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, TweetDeck, Facebook, Hoot Suite and / or Google Analytics required
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization highly preferredetc...
• Experience and understanding in the business implications of technical issues and impactsKey attributes: Self-starter, problem solver, emotionally intelligent, team oriented, client-sensitive, emotionally intelligent, deadline driven and focused on exceeding expectations
• Working knowledge or at least familiarity with economic, environmental, social and governance reporting guidelines, performance metrics and frameworks is expected
• Critical work skills such as ability to multitask, respond to changing deadlines and team skills required
; within the first and second year of study.