InternSea Service Family, Consulting
Looking for a Supplement Formulator/Professional WriterThe Med Writers
Data ScientistSpeegle Consulting
Account Management -Business Internships - Paid Internships Available!Atlantic Solutions, Inc.
Sales ConsultantHonda of Spring
Management Consulting InternLeverage Financiers
Solar Energy Customer Service Representative InternshipAmerica Green Solar
Graphic design and creative communciationsBookmark This
Institute for Development Impact (I4DI)
627 7th street NE
Posted: September 30 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Institute for Development Impact (I4DI) is an international consulting group based in Washington DC specializing in global development effectiveness. With a broad-based expertise and vast network of affiliated consultants, I4DI provides tailored, high quality program and organizational effectiveness consulting services around the world, covering the entire project cycle from conception to implementation and evaluation. Catalyzing positive impact by leveraging applied research and practical technical solutions, I4DI promotes evidence-based discourse and development industry learning through specialization in three areas of expertise:
• Organizational Effectiveness – Helping clients create and sustain an organizational environment with harmonized systems and processes that engage their people, enabling high performance and continuous improvement.
• Program Effectiveness – Generating knowledge to increase program effectiveness and innovate practice. We provide M&E services that help organizations understand how well they design, plan and implement development programs, while setting the course for improvement.
• Social & Environmental Impact – Sustaining positive impacts by integrating social and environmental analysis with how programs and organizations engage in the development process.
Our passion for increasing the wellbeing of people, ensuring human rights, and protecting the health of the planet drives us to pursue solutions that generate disruptive innovations and lead to social and environmental impacts. I4DI’s vision and our ongoing methods are designed with the goal of building local capacity and empowering local organizations. Our approach is built on evidence-based organizational development and learning methods, and in practice result in participatory and collaborative meetings and workshops from which learning endures and program activities are better implemented through buy-in of all stakeholders.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will work closely with the program and business development teams to create presentational materials for both on- and offline promotions, branding materials and other creative visuals. I4DI values our interns for their strong design sensibility and promotes their professional development during the term. Learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment:
• Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, the I4DI's website, insights blog, and social media accounts
• Collaborate with the program teams and support deliverables with design solutions
• Learn about international development and social and environmental impact and how to apply design theory to present complex concepts, simplify technical content and create visually appealing presentations. This internship will utilize your skills and help you advance techniques for software ranging from Adobe Illustrator to Power Point to make pixel perfect illustrations
• Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for various formats
A graphic design internship at I4DI primes you for future work at other consulting companies or in the international business field. You’ll benefit from the guidance of world-class technical experts in international development and program effectiveness and leave the experience with a portfolio of polished work presenting complex concepts in a visually appealing format for some of the world's most pressing global issues such as sustainability of supply chains, biodiversity conservation, climate change mitigation, protection of human rights, empowerment of women and vulnerable groups etc.
This is an unpaid internship position. However, we respect our interns and the work they produce for us and offer various alternative compensation solutions and a meal and transportation stipend.
We’d love to have you join the team. To apply, send us a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your design work.
RequirementsSuccessful candidates will come to the role with a strong background in graphic arts:
• Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
Prior experience with creating visual presentations and infographics desired
• Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Captivate, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
SkillsRequired - Presentation Development, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Acrobat Professional
Preferred - Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Articulate Storyline