Business Analyst InternAlphaVate
Political Consulting InternshipS.C.
Innovation Consulting InternshipOpenbox
Learn Online & Offline Marketing & PR-Plus, How To Make Internet Profits & Deliver Internet ServicesBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Business Development InternVOR Consulting
Energy Analyst InternEnergy Ventures Analysis
Communications InternBookmark This
Optimum Health Solution
337 Newton Street #4
Posted: January 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCommunication Associate with opportunity to become Director. 10-15 hours weekly at Waltham office
Optimum Health Solution is a small non-profit 501c3 organization founded in 2005 with the mission of preventing obesity, chronic disease and malnutrition, especially for children, through experiential/hands on education of healthy living: positive mindset, primarily plant-based and exercise. Its office is in Waltham, MA and its 3 programs are Eat to Thrive- 10 Weeks to Life-Long Healthy Habits and Healthy Living; Real Kids Real Food –inner-city after-school program; and Dinner-Speaker Events and Expos. www.optimumhealthsolution.org
Send cover letter, resume and 3 writing samples of short, 100 word or less persuasive, exciting marketing to email@example.com. Include list of your following skills: Email programs such as mailchimp or constant contact, facebook, instagram, twitter, linkedin, youtube, google analytics, google plus, google hangouts and events, ad words, dropbox, webinar applications, LMS systems and online training generation, videography, vimeo, adobe, powerpoint or Mac equivalent, Word or Pages, Powtoons or other animation software, Mac illustrator, Smartphone apps, and E-book
· Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
· Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
· Coordinate wordpress webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly www.OptimumHealthSolution.org
· Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, grant writing, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, Meetup calendar, fundraising appeals, e-book
· Coordinate and organize annual meetings that engage the network's discrete audiences
· Manage all media contacts
· Miscellaneous other tasks
Include list of your following skills in which you are proficient: Email programs such as mailchimp or constant contact, facebook, instagram, twitter, linkedin, youtube, google analytics, google plus, google hangouts and events, ad words, dropbox, webinar applications, LMS systems and online training generation, videography, vimeo, adobe, powerpoint or Mac equivalent, Word or Pages, Powtoons or other animation software, Mac illustrator, Smartphone apps, E-book, others ...
RequirementsPassionate about promoting Optimum Health Solution mission: to prevent obesity, chronic disease and malnutrition, especially in children, through education and advocacy of healthy living
· The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
· Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
· Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
· A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
· Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
· High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
· Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
· Mac Competency: Microsoft Word, Pages, Excel, iphoto, Wordpress (Must have own Mac laptop)