Manatee County Sheriff's Office InternManatee County Sheriff's Office
Both Contract and Criminal Law Student InternsHireMeStaffing
Forensic Science/Death Investigation InternshipDistrict 14 Medical Examiners Office
Criminal Justice Major and BloggerPEPS Private Investigator
Criminal/Death Penalty InternshipLMR
Criminal Justice Internship in the Chicago AreaBookmark This
Companions Journeying Together
DescriptionCompanions Journeying Together (CJT) provides a forum to personally impact the emotional, spiritual, and social lives of the incarcerated and their families. Our vision is for a society that lives by the principles of restorative justice.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON LOCATION: Interns will be working remotely (from home), in suburban Chicagoland county jails, and occasionally in our Joliet and Batavia offices.
NOTE: This internship involves indirect and direct service to incarcerated people. As such, a thorough background check will be conducted as required by our correctional partners.
Responsibilities- Assist in the delivery of our parenting program;
- Assist in the recording and mailing of audio recordings made by incarcerated men and women;
- Assist in the development of pen-pal groups servicing incarcerated people;
- Copying, printing, mailing;
- Social media marketing and posting;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Computer/internet savvy;
- Calm and cool exterior;
- Reliable transportation (not public transportation) and auto insurance;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Must be located in or around the greater Chicagoland area.
- Knowledgable about the US criminal justice/legal system.