Criminal Justice InternshipEmergency Response Protocol
Parks Advocate���s Office InternNew York City Parks and Recreation
Recreational InternsSouth Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Intern with the Juvenile Justice SystemSouth Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Bilingual Crisis Helpline CounselorCAFY
Intern (unpaid)Oriana House
Adult Offenders Community Corrections InternshipHennepin County
Correctional Officer InternshipHennepin County
Criminal Justice Internship in the Chicago AreaBookmark This
Companions Journeying Together
Posted: July 26 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCompanions Journeying Together (CJT) provides a forum to personally impact the emotional, spiritual, and social lives of the incarcerated and their families. Our vision is for a society that lives by the principles of restorative justice.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON LOCATION: Interns will be working remotely (from home), in suburban Chicagoland county jails, and occasionally in our Joliet and Batavia offices.
NOTE: This internship involves indirect and direct service to incarcerated people. As such, a thorough background check will be conducted as required by our correctional partners.
Responsibilities- Assist in the delivery of our parenting program;
- Assist in the recording and mailing of audio recordings made by incarcerated men and women;
- Assist in the development of pen-pal groups servicing incarcerated people;
- Copying, printing, mailing;
- Social media marketing and posting;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Computer/internet savvy;
- Calm and cool exterior;
- Reliable transportation (not public transportation) and auto insurance;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Must be located in or around the greater Chicagoland area.
- Knowledgable about the US criminal justice/legal system.