Manatee County Sheriff's Office InternManatee County Sheriff's Office
Both Contract and Criminal Law Student InternsHireMeStaffing
Forensic Science/Death Investigation InternshipDistrict 14 Medical Examiners Office
Criminal Justice Major and BloggerPEPS Private Investigator
Criminal/Death Penalty InternshipLMR
The Flexible AttorneyBookmark This
Ingenuity Marketing, Inc.
The O'Neal Law Firm-Chicago, is seeking individuals interested in gaining professional experience as interns working through its college intern program. This internship program is open to students majoring in all disciplines. We are happy to work with your college or university to ensure that your internship meets any requirements necessary to qualify for academic credit.
Applicants to the program must be attending an accredited four-year college, graduate school or law school, or be a recent college graduate. All levels of undergraduate students are considered, however juniors and seniors are preferred. All majors are considered, and some background or understanding of the legal system is helpful but not required.
Problem Solving and Communication Are Key
Because they interact with lawyers and clients frequently, legal assistants need to be able to effectively communicate, so they need to possess people skills. Because legal assistants are required to file documents correctly, they must have the ability to pay attention to detail, and they must be precise in what they do.
Even though a legal assistant cannot determine the fees, they will prepare the bills for clients. They also take phone messages for the attorney. Both paralegals and legal assistants need to have good character and good ethics. You need to be able to maintain confidentiality when it comes to the clients.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Dynamic interns who thrive on the challenges of interacting with a variety of people, speaking persuasively to strangers, working independently, and thinking on their feet are crucial to our success.
When shuffling papers at the local law firm just won’t do it for you, its time to seriously consider the Service for The O'neal Law Firm internship is a remarkably hands-on experience, where, in the words of a former intern, "you're out there working with attorneys - doing real work for real cases."
We agree. The legal community is filled with alumni from the Criminal Law Internship Program — judges, lawyers, law enforcement agents, and social service leaders can point to the experience as their springboard. We hope that you will choose to US"
ResponsibilitiesEXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Conducts research and collects information pertinent to legal matters, analyzes findings, prepares reports and makes appropriate recommendations.
2. Drafts briefs, motions, pleadings and other legal instruments and court papers for courts of law.
3. Responds to interrogatories, subpoenas and other similar legal instruments.
4. Files pleadings, instruments and other documents with the Clerk of the Superior Court as required.
5. Performs discovery work to secure evidence for trial and schedules witnesses.
6. Summarizes depositions, interviews, interrogatories, and other case documents to assist attorneys with case handling.
7. Interviews witnesses and clients at various sites to include office and county jail to obtain or clarify case preparation information and participates in attorney discussion of the case.
8. Acts as liaison for attorney to the court, law enforcement agencies, various county and city departments, clients and the general public.
9. Performs special assignments as requested.
10. Performs related work as required.
Strong interpersonal skills
Good communication skills -- verbal and written
Good organizational skills
Attention to detail
Innovation and enthusiasm
Ability to work independently
Ability to work well with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access