Criminal Justice - Private Investigator InternshipVictims of Immigration Fraud
IARC- Research AssistantAmiracle4sure
Criminal Justice internshipBirmingham Police Department
Probation Intern/VolunteerU.S. Probation Office, Central District of California
Computer/Cell Phone Forensics in Criminal CasesLMR
Intern-Probation OfficerManassas Adult Probation and Parole
Office of Police Complaints - Year Round College Student InternshipsD.C. Gov. Office of Police Complaints
Part Time Claims Adjuster InternNorth American Risk Services
Court Monitoring Project for Police ReformBookmark This
Police Reform Organizing Project
168 West 86 Street
New York, NY
Posted: August 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Court Monitoring Project (CMP) is The Police Reform Organizing Project's way of watchdogging police practices on the ground. PROP volunteers, interns and staff, regularly sit in on arraignment and summons parts of the criminal courts in NYC’s four major boroughs. During the court visits we record whom the police have arrested or ticketed, on what charges and the outcome of each arraignment. We also interview both lawyers and defendants. The CMP enables PROP to look beyond the public pronouncements of city politicians, officials and mainstream media, and to gain first-hand knowledge about the NYPD’s day-to-day practices. PROP is seeking interns and volunteers to join this important effort and to help carry out tasks for the Court Monitoring Project.
• Visiting courthouses and recording the proceedings.
• Interviewing lawyers and defendants.
• Writing up the interviews and findings from our court visits.
• Attending relevant PROP meetings with allies and interested city officials.
• Researching the laws and practices related to the police and court practices we encounter.
• Make use of social media and other public outreach/education tools.
• Brainstorm strategies for spreading the word about PROP’s findings, and proposed reforms, far and wide.
Please e-mail your resume and a statement of interest to PROP Director Bob Gangi at firstname.lastname@example.org and to our project coordinator Maesha Meto at email@example.com