Marketing InternBookmark This
Red Springs Cafe & Catering
DescriptionThe Southern "soul" food of Red Springs Cafe reflects the childhood of owner Cheryl Townsend. While Ms. Townsend has lived in Maryland for over 20 years, she still has strong ties to her hometown of Red Springs, North Carolina. She has always wanted to have a restaurant named after her hometown; hence Red Springs Café was conceived in 2007.
Cheryl has been in food service for over 20 years and comes from a family of cooks; including brothers who still barbeque and make their own sauce in North Carolina (Townsend’s BBQ Sauce will be featured in the Café). She has successfully been running a catering business (formerly Cheryl's Homestyle Cuisine, now Red Springs Catering) for 7 years. Her catering clientele ranges from churches to government entities (including the Baltimore Mayor’s office) to private and corporate clients throughout the Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC Metropolitan areas.
Red Springs Cafe is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Their experience in the restaurant should reflect the hospitality that the South is known for. The environment is warm and inviting. Cheryl wants her customers to feel comfortable, as when visiting relatives or friends in the South. The entire Red Springs team is committed to meeting the needs of its customers.
We will be located in Laurel, Maryland, and we need someone to start in January 2014. The intern will play vital role as we launch a new company. as well as other projects that we will be working on throughout 2014.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.