Marketing & Event Planning InternshipIce Cream Wasted
ChefBlue Mountain Ranch Kids Camp
Bakery InternSweet Equations
INTERNSHIP: Journalist / Food Content WriterTrend Prive Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternPocket Chefs
Internship for a passionate and driven foodie!All Granola
Culinary InternElectric Avenue Chef
Part Time Chef Needed for Local Food company! Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-free Product!Wander Life Coconut Creamer
Chocolatier / Production AssistantBookmark This
Salazon Chocolate Co.
5703 Industry Ln
Posted: July 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSalazon Chocolate is a line of premium organic, single-origin, salted dark chocolate bars. Our artisanal salted chocolate is crafted using only the highest quality ingredients and each bar is carefully hand-sprinkled with our signature touch of natural sea salt.
This position is responsible for assisting Salazon Chocolate Co's chocolatiers in the preparation of gourmet dark chocolate bars and assorted chocolate products. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in a bean-to-bar chocolate factory making premium, small-batch chocolate products from scratch! You'll be involved in the entire process and will become a proficient chocolatier by the end of your internship.
Responsibilities- Tempering, depositing and molding, cooling, de-molding, and prepping chocolate to be packaged
- Measuring and adding ingredients according to product recipes
- Operating, cleaning, and maintaining equipment
- Packaging products
- Organizing supplies and packing materials
- Participating in the new product development and creative process
Requirements- Hardworking and motivated culinary student
- Prior experience in chocolate making preferred but not mandatory
- ServSafe Certification preferred but not mandatory
- Detail-oriented, precise, and careful!
- Eager to learn all aspects of chocolate production and everything that goes with it
- A creative mind eager to contribute new ideas!
- Ability to multitask
- Friendly and dependable team player
- Able to follow directions and procedures
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work full time during production runs (1 week per month)
- Able to use heavy equipment and frequently lift up to 50 lbs
- And last but not least: Must love chocolates!
SkillsRequired - Hardworking, Manual Labor, Organized, Adaptable & a quick learner, Dependable Team Player, Attention To Detail, Cleaning
Preferred - Chocolate, Culinary Education, ServSafe Certified