Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)FaVe Mom, LLC
Culinary InternshipTeleferic Barcelona
Food Service Worker/HousekeepingSarahCare at Watchung Square
International Food-Tech Startup Actively Seeking Interns! #CulinaryLCL196 & Co
On-Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
VeryVera Fall Cookbook/Cooking Camp InternVeryVera
Culinary Intern at Family FarmThe Garden Cafe at Pond Hill Farm
Social Media & Community Management InternBEST LIL' PORKHOUSE
Cook / Culinary InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
Posted: January 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is looking for candidates interested in Culinary Arts. This position prepares interns for a role in a professional kitchen. You will ensure that all food is cooked properly and served promptly. You will learn all aspects of cooking including kitchen management and leadership skills.
Responsibilities• Observe, learn, understand, and eventually perform all tasks carried out in the kitchen by other cooks.
• Prepare meals and other food items.
• Responsible for working in all the various phases of the kitchen operation, and gathering enough exposure to the different functions in order to understand the entire kitchen operation.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary work area.
• Set up, clean, and organize workstation based on standards established by standing procedures
• Use recipes and a variety of kitchen equipment to prepare meals.
• Ensures timeliness and quality of foods.
• Attend training sessions and retains knowledge covered therein.
• Label, date, and store products/foods properly.
• Perform other related duties as needed.
Requirements• Previous cooking experience or current culinary arts student
• Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor with all team members and staff
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Must provide courteous and friendly service to all staff
• Excellent customer service skills