Design InternBookmark This
150 West 25th Street
DescriptionOur mission is to break language barriers around the world.
We deliver instant access to a global community of more than 12,000 highly qualified human translators who collectively speak 60 languages and reside in more than 75 countries. Our network is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at the touch of a button. We are disrupting the translation landscape by providing superior quality translation at a fraction of the cost of traditional physical call center solutions. In doing so, we create meaningful job opportunities for multilingual individuals across the globe who translate from the comfort of their homes for our customers in need.
We are a growing team of coders, writers, leaders and dreamers. We live in New York City and Boulder, Colorado and reach people all over the world. We wake up every day to find new ways to break down language barriers. If VerbalizeIt sounds right for you let us know!
As a design intern, you will be responsible for supporting and leading design of collateral and front-end design efforts to achieve this vision.
Applicants should also submit a statement of interest, resume and sample portfolio to email@example.com.
Responsibilities• Craft business development and marketing collateral
• Play a role in the design of website landing
• Support senior designers throughout the planning, design and implementation of a new website experience
• Create email templates for customer and translator interactions
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives in both web and print materials
• Implement a new on-boarding and training platform used to screen all incoming translators
• Designing new or enhancing existing print collateral, brochures and presentations
• Building wireframes (either by hand or with software) based on verbal or written specs
• Creating designs and mockups in Photoshop / Illustrator / Fireworks or similar
• Strong HTML/CSS skills (nice to have!)
• jQuery (preferred)
• CSS preprocessor like LESS or SASS (not required but a big bonus!)