Design InternshipBookmark This
433 Caredean Drive Suite C
Joe Brusha and Ralph Tedesco started out writing screenplays together about fifteen years ago but the two eventually came up with the idea that evolved into Zenescope Entertainment. The company was founded in 2005 and has become one of the most recognized independent comic book and graphic novel publishers in the world. Ralph and Joe's edgy and non-traditional brand of story-telling sets them apart from the pack.
Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and subsequent spinoff series such as Oz, Wonderland, Neverland and Robyn Hood, which re-imagine classic fables, are some of the best-selling and longest-running original independent comic books on shelves today. Zenescope publishes and develops both original and licensed material and has worked with dozens of clients that include Discovery Channel, History Channel, CBS, Lionsgate TV, Mandalay Vision, New Line Cinema, Titmouse Studios and many others.
The Design Internship is a fast paced, exciting position as our team and business continue to grow. Candidates should be highly organized, capable of multi-tasking, and possess a strong desire to learn new skills and take on extra responsibilities. The Design Intern will report to the Senior Designer/Production Manager.
What You Will Learn:
• Learn the ins and outs of the comic industry from the book production process to the final product.
• Learn how logo, type, and branding work in conjunction with comic and illlustrative art.
• Typographic layout skills
• Become fully proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• How to effectively hit deadlines.
Rewards And Compensation:
• College credits and recommendations
• Free Comic Books!
• Possibility for employment when internship ends
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, publishing comic books and graphic novels and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting.
All applicants must understand and comply with the following:?
• All internships are non-paid.?
• Must be currently enrolled at an accredited institution and be able to show that they will receive academic credit for the internship. A letter from your advisor stating that you will get credit for the program is sufficient.?
• All internships take place at the Zenescope offices in Horsham, PA.?
• No daily travel or housing expenses will be covered.?
• All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Please forward resumes and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities May Include:
• Hands on experience in creating Zenescope's monthly ad in Diamond Previews for all upcoming products and titles.
• Assisting the design team in production of Zenescope hottest comics, graphic novels, and merchandise.
• Working with the sales and marketing teams in creating content for the web, newsletters, and presentations.
• Special projects assigned by Senior design staff, i.e flyers, convention materials, catalogues
RequirementsWhat We Require:
• Majoring in Graphic Design, Illustration, or Print making or related field
• A sense of humor.
• Have some some knowledge of :
• and Presentation software
• Experience in layout basic copy in catalogs, ads, sourcebooks, draft presentations, calendars...etc.
• Have experience of working under tight deadlines.
• Have patience, persistence, great attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Be able to work independently or as part of a group.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Have a high level of literacy and accuracy and the ability to handle a busy workload at all times.