Design & Production InternBookmark This
Open Road Integrated Media
DescriptionOpen Road Integrated Media has an opening for school credit interns to work 10 to 20 hours per week in its design/production department.
The design & production intern will assist the design department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD design and production, including typesetting book interiors, inputting editorial corrections to books, assisting with branding projects, preparing files for press, purchasing and sizing stock art images, and departmental administrative tasks (scanning, folder organization, etc.).
This is a fast-paced, high-profile startup—details and deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of the book design process in a next-generation publishing environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Andrea C. Uva, Art Director, at auva AT openroadmedia.com.
Responsibilities• Assist in creation of ebook and print book covers
• Add cobranding to existing covers; create cobranding templates as needed
• Stock image and rights research
• Creation of new and backlist back ads
• Input 1P and 2P corrections of proofread book interiors from editorial
• Typesetting books
• Create marketing materials such as Reader’s Guides and Author Bios as needed
• Assist with creation of epubs as needed by Production
Requirements• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
• Demonstrated interest in design, layout creation, and next-generation publishing
• Knowledge of ereader devices helpful