Event Design Assistant/ Social Media InternBookmark This
Branching Out Floral & Event Design
1609 E Levee St.
DescriptionInside the heart of the Dallas design district, you’ll find a studio full of inspiration, and a design team to greet you with warm Southern hospitality! Whether weddings, receptions, or corporate galas, this group of exceptional individuals, led by principal Debby Jewesson, will bring the client's unique vision to life.
We are currently seeking design interns for a minimum 3 month internship, to get a behind-the-scenes look at event design and production. During this time, our interns will get the most out of this internship through hands-on activity and learning through osmosis. At the end of his or her time here, will have been exposed to/learned:
-Basic mechanics of floral design
-Networking in the wedding and event industry
-Interpreting a client’s design style and translating that to his or her event
-Recognizing various types of flowers
-Proper handling and care of flowers
-Exposing our work to the masses through various social media platforms
This is a revolving internship and we are always accepting applicants.
Responsibilities- Assist in event production, including preparing containers and processing incoming floral
- Assist designers with both small and large projects
- Assist warehouse manager with inventory and organization
- Assist with deliveries and during event installations
- Maintain website, blog and social media network presence
Requirements- Possess interest in developing a keen design eye
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Adobe and Social Media platforms
- Strong work ethic, reliable, with top-notch customer services skills
- Passion and positive attitude
- Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email, online and in person.