Graphic DesignBookmark This
Waveborn is a sunglasses company that combines the cool of fashion with the soul of giving. For each pair of sunglasses sold, Waveborn donates one pair of prescription eyeglasses to people who need them, or pays for a portion of a sight-restoring surgery.
The 2013 Waveborn Internship Program is designed to welcome you into the Waveborn family and provide you with the tools, experiences, and skills to begin building your career and resume. We are looking for a few passionate individuals who are interested in building a fast-moving company from the ground floor and doing social good at the same time.
We also have a motto here at Waveborn. “Choose Your Wave.” What we mean by that is while we need you to crave new skills and tackle big projects, your wave is also self-directed. You get to help build your experience by identifying some great ideas that interest you—you help to choose your direction. Suggest your own projects and experiments. We’d love to ride your wave with you.
This key role is to interpret and communicate Waveborn´s brand strategy and mission. You will work closely with the graphic design and marketing teams to create materials for both online and print promotions. In particular this role will have three objectives:
1. Create graphics and materials for virtual and print brochures and catalogs, flyers, email newsletters, the Waveborn homepage, blog, and social media campaigns
2. Learn from professional designers and marketing directors on real commercial campaigns with an exciting and growing brand
3. Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for mobile formats
Successful candidates will come to the role with a strong background in graphic arts, including prior experience creating graphics, comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, and lots of enthusiasm.
A graphic design internship at Waveborn primes you for future in-house work at other companies or with advertising agencies. You’ll benefit from the guidance of the Waveborn team and leave the experience with a portfolio of polished work.
RequirementsThere are some amazing things you’ll get out of your internship with Waveborn:
• Valuable experience that will help you develop the skills you need to gain a competitive advantage in the job market
• You’ll build a valuable network. Once you’re in the growing Waveborn family you’ll find lots of people who care about you, what you’re doing, and how they can help
• We’ll provide you with letter of recommendation commensurate to your commitment and contribution
• We’ll provide executive mentoring—on a weekly basis you’ll have a personal mentoring session to provide and share input on your experience and to receive personal career coaching
• We’ll help you design the internship for college credit if you’re interested
• Since we’re a social good company—we give the gift of sight—we’re happy to help you meet any service credit requirements you may have for your college
HOW TO APPLY
Please give us four short paragraphs:
1. About who you are
2. Why the internship interests you
3. What you´d like to accomplish
4. How long you´re available (e.g. 20 hours per week from October 1 to December 20) and how you´d like to work (we have both virtual employees and an office with food and games in Washington, DC!)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the Waveborn movement.